We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attraction Tickets in Advance?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Attraction Tickets in Advance?

Hello all,

I'll be traveling to Ireland in August and was wondering if it would be advisable to purchase some of the tickets in advance for high tourist destinations like the Cliffs of Moher, Glendalough, etc?

If so, is it necessary to know the exact day you're going or can you purchase a ticket and go when able?

Thanks!

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Dublin
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Wild Rover Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Collins Day Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
Irish Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,139 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Attraction Tickets in Advance?

"tickets" as in bus tours? Or just admission to the sites?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Attraction Tickets in Advance?

Just admission to the sites. I'll be driving while in the country =)

Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,139 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Attraction Tickets in Advance?

No problem then, just turn up whenever, theses aren't really places that "sell out".

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Attraction Tickets in Advance?

Thanks =)

I also heard though that you can pre purchase some of these at a better price? Or it's less expensive...anyone know if this is true?

Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,139 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Attraction Tickets in Advance?

If they are offering an advance purchase discount it's probably on their website. Admission to Glendalough is only something like €2- €3 so I don't know how much of a savings it would really be.

Or or might have heard of the Heritage Pass. Cliffs of Moher aren't covered under that, I don't think. You'll need to scope out how many places you might visit otherwise to see if it saves you any money.

http://www.heritageireland.ie/en/

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Attraction Tickets in Advance?

Thanks so much IrishFan!

7. Re: Attraction Tickets in Advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:16