We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Main shopping street/area, Cork city

New Zealand
Level Contributor
326 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Main shopping street/area, Cork city

What is the name of the main shopping Street/area in Cork city? I'm not familiar with the city and want to book accommodation that is in or close to the city centre, for tomorrow night , so this is urgent.

Also, how close is Kent Station?

How can I get from Cork city to Cobh?

Thanks for your help!

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Main shopping street/area, Cork city

In theory, the main shopping street is St Patrick St.

In practice, a lot of the shops are in the side-streets off it and in the shopping centres on it.

You should still use it as the reference point if you want to be close to the shopping area.

It's not a great area for hotels. The Imperial Hotel, which is 2 blocks away is probably the closest.

Kent Station is about a 10 minute walk from the nearest part of Patrick St.

You can get to Cobh by train from Kent Station. There is a service every hour on the hour. During rush hour, there are additional services at half past the hour.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,510 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Main shopping street/area, Cork city

The Imperial is a good shout as is this one.

www.gresham-hotels-cork.com/

New Zealand
Level Contributor
326 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Main shopping street/area, Cork city

Thanks for your prompt replies. The information has been very helpful. I have booked the Gresham! :)

4. Re: Main shopping street/area, Cork city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:18