We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dan Dooley review 8-2 thru 8-9

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dan Dooley review 8-2 thru 8-9

I read and read every review posted about rental cars in Ireland. Based on the readings we chose Dooley car rentals.

I called the US office back in June and ten minutes later we had a rental car with all the extra insurance. We paid with our debit card. Step one done and with ease!

Step two......dublin airport. Our flight landed at 8am which was in hindsight a great time to land. We waited thirty seconds at the counter. Gave them our papers and Greg's lisence.......they even upgraded us to an automatic. Didn't even ask. Step two.....easy with very nice people at he counter. Good impression.

Now off to the car. American instinct I go in get in the wrong side of rental van. "No no my lady..... Other side...." Says the nice man to me. Had to laugh. Anyway we get the car. It was a Nissan micro.......he comes out with a paper indicating the existing few scratches on the car. Greg signs it. This took all of ten minutes. So step three easy easy!!!'

The car did fit four people. But I am an overpacker for every trip we take. But it really only fits three bags in the back. No big deal. We were just packed in the car after my parents flight finally landed. I didn't need an air bag in the back seat since I had luggage holding me in:)

Greg got his "driving on the other side of the road legs" fairly quickly. We drove around for a bit before stopping for breakfast. He said it was easy to to get used to........it was a bit unnerving at first as a passenger.

We returned the car with a 1/4 tank so we just had the gas charge stay. We were nervous because we hit traffic in dublin on Friday morning and thought they may charge us a late fee. We went in the office turned in the keys and receipts from the two tolls on M7........think that's it.

They didn't even look at the car. Not that anything was wrong........maybe a couple scratches on the hub caps from the high hedges.

I can say only positive things about this company. It was so easy. We had no surprises.

Take care

Sandi

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,576 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dan Dooley review 8-2 thru 8-9

So refreshing to hear a positive experience - thanks for taking the time Sandi, I'm sure it will be useful to others.

Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dan Dooley review 8-2 thru 8-9

Leave for Ireland in September and this is refreshing to hear! Thanks for the great review!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
20,112 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dan Dooley review 8-2 thru 8-9

four americans plus luggage in a nissan micra? that must be a world record! :D

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dan Dooley review 8-2 thru 8-9

It might be Nakagoli:). We just had a couple bags between my mom and I in the back seat. Good thing we were in the same house for a week. Got great gas mileage.

So when they say three bags........they mean three bags;)

NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dan Dooley review 8-2 thru 8-9

".......they even upgraded us to an automatic. Didn't even ask."

Almost makes me sorry that I paid in advance for an automatic. Better safe than sorry :-)

Seriously, happy to hear of the positive experience. I will be picking mine up in a few weeks.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
770 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dan Dooley review 8-2 thru 8-9

Confirms the positive things I have been saying about Dooley.

It should be noted that you did your homework and therefore no surprises at check-in. Congratulations!!

That had to be a crowded experience. I wouldn't want to travel around much with that number of people and baggage in a Micra!! Sounds like you had a good time though.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal
Level Contributor
16,877 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dan Dooley review 8-2 thru 8-9

Greetings Sandi,

Great to read a positive vehicle lease report, it pays to check out all the details, beforehand.

Kg

Lacygne, Ks
Level Contributor
53 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dan Dooley review 8-2 thru 8-9

Glad to read of your good experience. We will be arriving in a couple of weeks. Really looking forward to the trip.

9. Re: Dan Dooley review 8-2 thru 8-9

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 06:18