We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ireland in Nov.?

Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ireland in Nov.?

I'm thinking of visiting Ireland for a week over Thanksgiving (the last week in Nov.), probably staying in the west of the country, flying in and out of Shannon. Any feedback as to whether the weather and short days at that time of year make this a not very good idea would be appreciated. I'm also wondering if things are pretty much shut down for the season then, although much of what we're interested in is scenery. Thanks so much!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
29,202 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ireland in Nov.?

Just drive up to Galway, and enjoy.

Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,596 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ireland in Nov.?

Plenty to see and do. I usually pick a larger town / city like Galway or Dublin for a base in case the weather doesn't cooperate.

Mentioned in this post
County Dublin, Ireland
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal
Level Contributor
17,921 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ireland in Nov.?

Less than 8 hours of daylight, weather can be wet & cold. If November is the time you can come to Ireland, then so be it. Many B&B's are closed, and, as Irish Fan & lord kimmage, have already advised, pick a larger town/city to be your base.

Come & Enjoy!

4. Re: Ireland in Nov.?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 07:16