We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near Blarney

Indy
Level Contributor
951 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay near Blarney

We will be travelling next March/April. We would like to spend one night near Blarney. We prefer a smaller more quaint town with a few restaurants/pubs as opposed to staying in a larger city. Does anyone have any suggestions. We will be driving ourselves and prefer staying at a B&B.

Thanks in advance.

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
227 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay near Blarney

I would stay in Blarney, it's a small town, we stayed at the White House B&B tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186599-d618572… , nice Folks and for dining we really liked Muskerry Arms Pub tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g186599-d1… it's just a short walk from the B&B.

Take Care,

Mike

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay near Blarney

How far from Blarney is acceptable?

The problem you've got is that in the immediate vicinity you have Cork City, which is probably too large, Blarney itself and a number of small villages, which won't have any restaurants, never mind a choice.

Blarney might fit the bill of a quaint town, but it's not great for dining or entertaining options. That said, for just one night it might be OK.

The only other places within half an hour are Ballincollig, which is essentially a suburb of Cork, albeit with its own commercial district, and Mallow, which may be the best match to your requirements provided it's not too far.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,558 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay near Blarney

Mallow wouldn't be my idea of " quaint"

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,558 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay near Blarney

Cobh wouldn't be too many mikes out of your way and would probably fit the bill . You can skirt around Cork city too.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
420 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay near Blarney

I second Michael W's recommendation - we stayed one night at the White House B & B, had a blast at Muskerry Arms too - great entertainment (touristy but really fun). There was plenty to do for one night, and we were glad for such a small town given the rest of our trip was pretty busy. Plus we were able to visit the castle in the late afternoon after the crowds had gone.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay near Blarney

I stayed at the Maranatha BB. It is a few km outside Blarney. Absolutely fantastic accommodation in a rural setting including foxes frolicing on the lawn during breakfast.

Indy
Level Contributor
951 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay near Blarney

Thank you for all of the responses. I am looking into all of these options. I am also looking at Kinsale if anyone has an opinion there.

Thanks again!

Edited: 14 August 2014, 14:10
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay near Blarney

Kinsale would fit your requirements, but it's around a 45 minute drive from Blarney.

While it's not any faster, you can avoid going through Cork City Centre by traveling towards Ballincollig, taking the N40 and then heading down to Kinsale.

9. Re: Where to stay near Blarney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 06:16