We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pound Sterling

Billerica...
Level Contributor
14 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Pound Sterling

Does anyone know if the ATM at Shannon Airport dispenses Pounds Sterling as well as Euros?

Fanore, County Clare
Level Contributor
680 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pound Sterling

ATMS in Republic of Ireland only dispense euros.

Billerica...
Level Contributor
14 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pound Sterling

Thank you

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pound Sterling

A general response about ATMs is not relevant, there have been ATMs dispensing Sterling at Dublin and Shannon airports, some update on their current status is needed.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,196 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pound Sterling

If they did give out sterling I would expect a dreadful rate, and why would you want sterling anyway?

Billerica...
Level Contributor
14 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pound Sterling

I am stopping of on my way to the UK and then returning to Ireland for two weeks. I have a Bank of Ireland card and know I can use it at Shannon, but did not know if the machine dispensed Pounds as well. I have seen the machine at Dublin and knew it works there as well as in Derry.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
13,242 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pound Sterling

I've tried taking out foreign currency in ATM's and found that the rate is not 'dreadful' - it was only very slightly more expensive than taking out the currency in the foreign country. But therein lies the point - why worry, just take out your sterling from an ATM when you arrive in UK.

Billerica...
Level Contributor
14 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pound Sterling

Thank you, that makes sense.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,367 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pound Sterling

Yup, reddies are reddies in any currency.

9. Re: Pound Sterling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 06:16