My sister and I really need some advice. We will be traveling in late May. The tour is Cosmos - The Best of Britain and Ireland 2015 - 15 day tour. Breakfast is served daily and 5 three-course dinners will be served. In depth details of the tour are at the end of this post.
Many negative reviews say:
- You spend all day driving and get to see the destination for a few minutes only to get back in the coach to drive more
- The hotels are below par
- The optional excursions aren't worth it and are over priced
- Is spending $4,000 too much for this kind of tour? That price only includes the tour and airfare (no optional excursions or meals not provided).
- Is May a good times to visit Ireland?
- Dose Cosmos escort you from the Airport to the hotel?
- What is the average amount of time spent on the coach?
- When Cosmos rates this tour as "Active," does that mean you are rushed to different location to check off the list or does it mean you will be physically active, as in walking in the National Parks? Is everything rushed?
- Which optional excisions should we choose? (Listed below)
- Are the hotels remotely nice?
- Are the included meals "cheap"?
- Tour Guide: Geoff Cordwell. Anyone had any experiences with this?
Visits to Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon, Coventry, Hadrian’s Wall, Jedburgh, Edinburgh Castle, tickets for Edinburgh Military Tattoo (departures July 27 through August 17), Gretna Green, Grasmere, Llangollen, Betws-y-Coed, Llanfair, Galway, Cliffs of Moher, Adare, Killarney, Blarney, Bath, Stonehenge; orientation drives in Dublin, Cardiff; walking tours in Oxford, York, Chester
Cotswold Hills, Northumberland National Park, Scottish Lowlands, Lake District National Park, North Wales and Snowdonia National Park, The Burren, Ring of Kerry and Lakes of Killarney, Salisbury Plain
Optional Excursions: Excursion to Rosslyn Chapel (19 GDP), Royal Yacht Britannia Excursion & Dinner (56 GDP), Scottish Evening with Bagpipers and the Ceremony of the Haggis, Guinness Storehouse Visit & Supper (56 GDP), Excursion to Muckross House on the Lakes of Killarney (23 GDP), Tramore Pub Evening (28 GBP). Welsh Evening at Cardiff Castle (64 GBP), Traditional Irish Night, A Taste of London, Windsor Castle, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London and Crown Jewels.