We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Clear How to

Blue Bell...
Level Contributor
51 posts
378 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Clear How to

Can anyone let me know the best way to get to Cape Clear Island? Once there, how much time should I expect to stay there? If there is a ferry involved, is there parking near the ferry dock?

Appreciate your answers in advance!

-Matt

2 replies to this topic
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Clear How to

http://www.capeclearferry.com/tc/index.php www.capeclearisland.eu/tp/index.php?id=10

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,369 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Clear How to

Go from Baltimore and go on the first ferry as this will give you time options for getting back.

Use the previous link to view times and prices.

There is a fairly large car park in Baltimore, which is free and gets PACKED in mid summer. (we couldn't park the car there last june it was so packed and had to give Baltimore a miss on that day)

At other times of the year, parking in Baltimore will not be a problem.

Expect to spend about 3 hours min on the island. There is a little cafe/shop right at the pier and just up the road a pub. The best way to get around the hilly island is on foot.

There was a little mini bus service on the island previously where for about €6 you were given a drive around the island which seems like a nice way to see it before you head off on your own - on foot.

It's very much worth it on a nice bright clear day, but I would re consider a trip to CC if the weather is wet or misty.

Reply to: Cape Clear How to
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cape Clear Island
Recent Conversations
More Cape Clear Island Topics