We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

John Walkers Beach House

melbourne, australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
John Walkers Beach House

Hi,

we are having great difficulty finding a beachfront rental in the kailua lanikai area. Has anyone stayed at this place? If so, can you tell me whether there is ANY beach at all out the front. I know Lanikai can be tricky to find beach, but does anyone know specificall about this property or can recommend a beachfront rental that will allow two families?

Thanks so much

7 replies to this topic
Seattle
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: John Walkers Beach House

I took a quick look via google.

Looks to me like there is a nice bit of beach out front to enjoy. But for the dollars being asked, why wouldn't the owner/manager be able to satisfy your concerns?

I was only able to find one review of the property - from 2009. Red flag for me.

Has the owner/manager not been responsive to your inquiries??

Maybe use vrbo to find other beachfront properties in the area to compare???

Good luck~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: John Walkers Beach House

Ummhhh, you may want to check out Glen Livet's place instead.

Sorry, tried to resist, but just couldn't! Grin.........

melbourne, australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: John Walkers Beach House

Hi,

Thanks so much for your message- I have tried a number of places via vrbo and I think only one out of 5 owners got back to me- which was disappointing- not sure if its just Hawaii? I have enquired with a few realtors and only one of two got back to me, but John Walkers is not listed with her. The place I wanted from the realtor is unavailable for 6 months of the year. I just wanted to get an opinion on the place from someone other than the owner who may know the place or stayed there.

Thanks Again

Edited: 22 January 2013, 07:47
Seattle
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: John Walkers Beach House

Sorry, wish I could be more help.

Just guessing here, but are you trying to book fairly close in and/or for high season? A lot of the non-responses occur because the property has long since been booked.

FWIW, I absolutely HATE dealing with agents in Hawaii, and seldom do. Have had much better experiences dealing directly with the owner.

melbourne, australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: John Walkers Beach House

Thanks, I agree. Yes it is peak season but we are talking 2014 so I am giving plenty of time! We normally stay in Kauai and deal with Suzanne Kobayashi who has homes in Hanalei and she is fantastic- cannot speak highly enough of her- but she is a realtor too!

Thanks again,

San juan capistrano
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: John Walkers Beach House

The Walker house has the best artwork and view in Lanikai. There is no beach directly in front but is only two houses away from a public right-of-way to sand. It is on the market now and you can buy it for $7.8 million.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
16,299 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: John Walkers Beach House

Wow, Louisa, how did you ever find such an old post! I thought TA closed posts over a year old.

Reply to: John Walkers Beach House
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lanikai