We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Father teds house/tea

Hexham...
Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Father teds house/tea

hello we are visiting ennis next weekend. Happy to go and find the house and wondering if the teas are worth the money. Does anyone know the cost of the tea?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,508 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Father teds house/tea

You have to pre book and it depends what you have but prices start about the price of a pint.

clare.ie/pubs_dining/view/cafes_amp_tea_room…

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Father teds house/tea

Ah, go on, go on, go on.

Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Father teds house/tea

Here are the directions to find the house.. we did not have tea though :(

…blogspot.com/2011/06/ultimate-road-trip-of-…

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Father teds house/tea

We visited "father teds" house last weekend, exterior of house is just like on tv. We were visiting area & decided 2 find house on spur of moment, drove up 2 house & people were coming out... Were asked if we booked in for tea & we replyed no, without bn gives da chance 2 ask about bookin tea we were asked 2 drive out from around da house....!!! Was not impressed. It's either an open place for people 2 visitor or it's not. Rude woman who runs da place used her visitor 2 ask us 2 leave, if people not allowed 2 drive up 2 house then put up signs! It's easy really. Was not happy wit this place or da little dealin we had wit da lady. Won't be spreading da great father teds house story....will be spread da unfriendly reception we received.

5. Re: Father teds house/tea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 April 2012, 14:35
Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,292 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Father teds house/tea

great another first time posters's rant....not to mention the form of communication...good grief....

farmertomless it appears it is an open business but it requires reservations and from what i have read it's a fun experience so just take tony's advise and prebook as required...i'd love to hear if you enjoy it or not.....

4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Father teds house/tea

1st time poster I may but even you start as a 1st time poster surely.... I wanted some where 2 voice my opinion of this so call attraction! I had high hopes of an enjoyable afternoon n clare, took a while 2 find da house & I was lookin forward 2 it. Fair enuf if "afternoon tea" has 2 be booked but lookin around da exterior of house was NEVER mention anywhere as far as booking was concerned.....it was a let down 2 say da least & da lady was no where near friendly or helpful.....My Opinion & experience & I have bn there!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,073 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Father teds house/tea

da de da dah, da doo dah da..that's all I want to say to you....where's Sting when we need him?

4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Father teds house/tea

Seriously taut tis site was a place 2 give feedback on places & experiences!!!!!! If it's full of people giving digs @ other comments.......wats da point!!

10. Re: Father teds house/tea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 August 2012, 20:05