We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self-Catering in Co Clare?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Self-Catering in Co Clare?

Hello,

I need advice on where to stay in Co Clare in November. We're kind of picky, as we're looking for a self-catering cottage with an ocean view, for 300-400E per week. Has anyone recently stayed in a cottage with a great view? There are so many websites out there and I feel confused!

Don't worry, I know the weather out there can be iffy in November :)

Thanks-

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Self-Catering in Co Clare?

Hi bonojib. Unfortunately the cottagesI always stayed in are now private homes. You could check out dreamireland.com, goireland.com and accomodation.ie. Hopefully those might help. Cheers.

upstate ny
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Self-Catering in Co Clare?

Hi bonojjb, we found a self-catering cotage on the grounds of ballinalacken castle. I'll be staying there in June, and have taken a chance as i found it on the web while lookng for homes with king size beds--don't ask, long story!!. the website is www.gentiancottage.com--it looks lovely and I'm really looking forward to staying there, I'll try to post about the accommodations when I return from my trip, in the meanwhile, check it out, you might like it.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
56 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self-Catering in Co Clare?

Hi-

We are going to self-cater in this area next summer and are looking at a number of places. Check out VRBO- it's a by owner site. Also, a great place on holiday-rentals.com Property 6560. Phenomenal view of sea, Aran Islands, etc.. Cheap!

We were in Ireland in November and the weather was WILD!!! On our first day it was a balmy, sunny 50 degreesF. However, by day 2, a hurricane like storm came. Despite the foul weather, it was amazing. Not a soul around! We are going in summer next so we can see the landscape under sunshine, but I'll miss our "private" Ireland. Any questions, let me know. Good luck, Sherry

4. Re: Self-Catering in Co Clare?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 13:15