We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiltannon Home Farm

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Kiltannon Home Farm

Can anyone give me information on the Kiltannon Home Farm - a Renaissance Resort.

We are making our first trip to Ireland in Sept.

Our itinerary would ideally include a trip around the Ring of Kerry, the Cliffs of Moher, The Ahran islands, the Burren, Galway.

We would rent a car.

Curious if this location would be OK as a home base for these side trip?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

ron

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiltannon Home Farm

If Kiltannon is in Clare it would be ok as a base for the Cliffs, the Aran Islands, the Burren and Galway, but too far to do the RoK in a day.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiltannon Home Farm

thanks for the reply.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiltannon Home Farm

Probably about 30 minutes over the Slieve from here so yes to all but the Invaragh peninsula (Ring of Kerry) unless you have a night away. Handy as a touring base for the Shannon Region http://www.shannonregiontourism.ie/ we have day trips out to Inis Oirr and Cliffs cruise from Doolin with guests Inis Mor would be a long haul.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kiltannon Home Farm

As the other posters have said, Kiltannon would not be a suitable base for a day trip to Kerry.

The other trips you mention will be no problem, although Kiltannon would not be the most ideal base for the places you want to see in Clare.

You will be located about 2 miles outside the village of Tulla and 20 to 30 minutes drive to Ennis.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kiltannon Home Farm

Thank you for the information.

Maybe i need to do a little more research to get more centrally located.

thanks.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kiltannon Home Farm

You are 20 minutes from Ennis which is one of if not the best touring bases on the Island. It depends on your needs and perceptions but if you have one place that is more than a comfortable one day trip then with a week there is no harm having one night away from a fairly central base.

Perhaps the old fashioned idea of sticking a Michelin 712 on an empty wall and putting pins in where you want to go might give some perception.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kiltannon Home Farm

really appreciate the information.

would i be better off at the Kiltannon home farm in Tulla, County Clare or at the Renvyle Strand in County Galway to tour the Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, Burren and spend a night out to visit the Ring of Kerry. I have to go to Sneem and see Riney's pub. My last name is Riney. The only reason I am looking for a good base to tour this area is that we are using a vacation getaway to hold down the cost. Thanks for all the information. If there are any other "Must Sees", which I sure there are, please jot them down for me.

thanks, can't wait. I have heard so many good things about Ireland and the people of Ireland.

ron

ireland
Level Contributor
240 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kiltannon Home Farm

As most posters have said it's a good base for everything on your list except for Kerry but a night away there would solve that. I'm from the Tulla area so feel free to ask me any further questions about the area here or by pm.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kiltannon Home Farm

Thanks so much!

Westlake, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kiltannon Home Farm

Can you give me info on "vacation getaway" to hold down costs. Am looking at vacation club and not sure it s good idea. Limited options.