We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of day to visit Cliffs of Moher

California
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best time of day to visit Cliffs of Moher

Hello...I know there a lot of factors in this answer, but - generally speaking - what is the best time of day to visit the Cliffs of Moher? We will be there in late August/beginning of September. And we will have our own car and would like to avoid (if possible) the bulk of tour bus traffic. Thanks!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time of day to visit Cliffs of Moher

The cliffs of Moher with the sun setting over the Atlantic......magnificent!!!!

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time of day to visit Cliffs of Moher

The peak time for tour buses at the Cliffs is 11am to 3pm. Unfortunately you'll be there too late in the season to see very many seabirds so in that case I would suggest coming after 4pm. The visitor centre remains open to 9pm in August and to 7pm (weekdays) & 7.30pm weekends in Sept. Sunset on 1st Sept is roughly 8.30pm so later in the day is definitely a good time. However if you want to walk a section of the trail don't leave it too late. People often underestimate the distance from the centre to Hags Head (5km each way). Don't run out of light whatever you do.

ezs
Manalapan, NJ
Level Contributor
294 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time of day to visit Cliffs of Moher

You might consider Pat Sweeney's walk from Doolin to the Cliff of Moher. My daughter and I were lucky enough to have done it with the very engaging Pat and, I think, it is a very special experience. http://www.doolincliffwalk.com/ is the website. It was 5 Euros apiece for a 3 hour walk. Unbelievable!

Have a great trip,

Eve

4. Re: Best time of day to visit Cliffs of Moher

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 06:16