We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hired a driver for our stay in Ireland!

Which Ennis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hired a driver for our stay in Ireland!

If you are debating if you should hire a driver or rent a car while in Ireland, I highly recommend going with a driver. We hired Michael Meere who has his own 19 seat luxury Mercedes bus. We would not have been able to see or do all the things we did in the few days we were there if it wasn't for Michael. This guy is awesome! Wherever you want to go, whatever you want to do, he will accommodate you with a smile. He helps you plan your itinerary if you are unsure of what to do or where to go, and makes sure you will get in everything and more for you Ireland vacation! If you go to his website and send a request for cost, ideas, etc. he will get back to you right away. Highly recommend this guy! He made our trip. We had ages 10 to 76 in our group and Michael was able to make sure everyone had a great time! You won't have to worry about getting behind the wheel of a rental car on the opposite side of our USA, and driving on the opposite side of the road. You can sit back, have a few pints, and let Michael get you back to your B&B safely. He's awesome!

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
12,745 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Hired a driver for our stay in Ireland!

oh my gosh, had no idea it could be 300 euro per day!!!...wow, two days would almost pay for car rental for 18 days...I hate to hear that, was hoping when I got too old to rent a car I could take that option....way too high for my budget....how disappointing....

thanks for the information though.....

Moosup, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Hired a driver for our stay in Ireland!

Thank you for this information...hard facts. I'll be looking for a trip report Have a great trip

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Hired a driver for our stay in Ireland!

Sorry I haven't gotten back to this site to answer questions on cost. Believe it or not, I have a REAL job and it's NOT posting on Trip Advisor. Like I said before Michael charges by how much time you need him and where you want to go. We paid $75 Euro to pick 16 people and all their luggage up at the Shannon airport and bring us to our B&Bs. We all came in on 3 different flights and 3 different airlines. Our arrivals were all close in time. It was worth every penny for him to be there and greet us and load all our luggage and drive us all to the 3 different B&Bs.

As far as daily trips, it can easily cost $300 Euro to have him drive you around all day to different areas of Ireland. He will quote you a price by what you do on any given day. If he's driving people around all day it's probably going to be a $300 Euro day. If you only have 2 people in your party, this obviously is not the way to go. Michael is very good at suggesting things to do and places to go, but you have to do a little homework yourself and see if what he suggests is someting that interests you. There is so many things to do and places to go, he wants to make sure you get to see and do what you want. He can only make suggestions. Once you research some things you want to do, let him know and he will give you cost quotes on everything. For us, Michael was a perfect solution to getting around.

newington, ct
Level Contributor
32 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Hired a driver for our stay in Ireland!

thanks so much for getting back to us retirees (who don't work) - we sometimes forget that most people do work

i appreciate the time you took to give us some more info.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
12,745 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Hired a driver for our stay in Ireland!

meow!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,701 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Hired a driver for our stay in Ireland!

for anyone wanting to know more http://www.michaelmeere.com/

Edited: 27 July 2013, 11:20
Bradenton, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Hired a driver for our stay in Ireland!

I want to go to the Ennis area with my wife. How do we fill up a limo?

Bradenton, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Hired a driver for our stay in Ireland!

I want to go to the Ennis area with my wife. How do we fill up a limo?

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Hired a driver for our stay in Ireland!

Petrol or diesel? Please start your own thread. Asking a new question on an existing thread will only lead to a mix of replies to different questions and general confusion.

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
30. Re: Hired a driver for our stay in Ireland!

Can you provide contact info for your driver?

Get answers to your questions about Ennis