We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cobh to Inchydoney?

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Cobh to Inchydoney?

Hi, this is my first time posting on this site. I could really use some help!

I'll be visiting Cork in April, firstly to Cobh and then travelling on travelling on to Inchydoney. I am wondering how I can get from Cobh to Inchydoney? Is there a bus or train route? Or is my only option to drive?

Would really appreciate any help/advice.

Thanks!

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,517 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cobh to Inchydoney?

Cobh to Cork is easy-peasy, a short train ride.Not sure if there's a bus to Incadoney, but Cork to Clonakilty should be do-able.

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
755 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cobh to Inchydoney?

Also not sure if there's a bus to Inchydony from Clon but there are cabs. If you want to tour around the peninsula then definately drive. Mizen Head is amazing on a clear day!

Edited: 29 December 2012, 00:00
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cobh to Inchydoney?

There is no bus to Inchydoney either from Cork or Clonakilty so then your route would be as follows:

Train (very regular service) from Cobh station to Cork city train station (Kent station). 25mins

Walk from Kent station to Cork city bus station. 10 mins

Bus from Cork city bus station to Clonakilty. 1 hour 15 mins. Here is a link to the bus timetable www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1347631434-237.pdf

There is no bus from Clonakilty to Inchadoney, but it's only 3 miles so a taxi from Clonakilty to Inchadoney will take about 10 minutes. Approx cost €10

While it might seem a very confusing journey on reading this, it in fact is quite straightforward.

There is not a taxi stand in Clonakilty but there are a number of taxis in the town available at short notice.

If you intend to do more exploring after you arrive in Inchadoney, you would be better off hiring a car from Cork airport and forget about public transport

4. Re: Cobh to Inchydoney?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2014, 10:17