We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blarney Hotel or Cork

Which Cork hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
314 posts
286 reviews
Save Topic
Blarney Hotel or Cork

We will arrive in cork around noon. We would like to see Cork Univ. and Blarney Castle, which would you visit first? Also, would you stay in Cork or at the Blarney Castle Hotel?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
171 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blarney Hotel or Cork

Hi,

Depends on what you want to do and see in Cork. If you are staying for a day or two, the university is very central. There are many B&Bs along the Western Rd, same road as the university. The nearest hotel is Jury's Hotel (not Jury's Inn), which is less than 100m from the University. But you can walk to the Uni from any city centre hotel.

You might be as well to go and see Blarney first. If you are taking public transport there will be a bus from the airport to the bus station (every half hour I think)which will take about half an hour or less. From the bus station there will be buses to Blarney. I'd say the bus trip takes about 45 min allowing for city traffic. Check out bus timetables on www.buseireann.ie.

I would recommend you stay in Cork; there's more to see and do. You can see Blarney village in a short visit. There's good shopping in Blarney Woollen Mills in the centre of the village. The village green is picturesque. Blarney is in a rural setting, although only a short drive from the city.

If hotel facilities are what you prioritise then you may get more in Blarney than in a city centre one.

Hope this helps,

Mags

2. Re: Blarney Hotel or Cork

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Cork