We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gresham Metropole Cork - Is it more than just a hotel?

Which Cork hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
2,508 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Gresham Metropole Cork - Is it more than just a hotel?

I have googled the subject to no avail so Im wondering if anybody has any comment to make about the current use of the Gresham Metropole in Cork City.

Being very careful here:

Is it being used to house people as emergency/temporary accomodation?*

* As other properties around Ireland have done to their detriment.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,386 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gresham Metropole Cork - Is it more than just a hotel?

Bertie, it's not something that would concern me too much if that rumour is true - I very rarely recommend it. It just hasn't made the Bryno grade yet.

A work friend of mine had a bad experience there. When she arrived from UK late at night for a week long stay, she found they had given her room away. They sent her up to the Country Club hotel which was an absolute kip at the time. (She naievely thought it would be 5* luxury).

What you mention however about emergency accommodation might only be a rumour put about by one of the other nearby hotels who need the business badly enough. Who knows?

2. Re: Gresham Metropole Cork - Is it more than just a hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2010, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Cork