We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A big thank you from a disappointed welsh traveller

Which Cork hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,114 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
A big thank you from a disappointed welsh traveller

Hi All,

Just a note to let you know that my flight to Cork has been cancelled due to the volcanic ash. I am extremely disappointed but plan to reschedule the trip at a later date.

I would like to say a big thank you to all of the posters who have spent time answering my questions. Your valuable information was a great help.

I would also like to thank the staff at the reservation team in the River Lee Hotel, Cork. (Formerly Jurys). Assumpta & Kate always responded to any queries straight away, extremely efficient.

Will definitely visit Cork & the River Lee hotel at a later date.

Thanks again.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A big thank you from a disappointed welsh traveller

Thats a shame,so many people must be disappointed at having their plans cancelled.

You will have something to look forward to at a later date ! Have you considered taking the ferry "Julia" from Swansea to Cork ????

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,114 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A big thank you from a disappointed welsh traveller

We considered the ferry as a contingency option just in case the return flight was cancelled. Not worth catching the ferry both ways due to the large amount of travelling time, by the time we arrived in Cork it would be time to come home.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,417 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A big thank you from a disappointed welsh traveller

So sorry about you not being able to get to Cork as planned, Welshtraveller.

The volcanic ash will go away eventually but Cork won't!!! It'll still be there. Hope that you'll get there at a later date.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A big thank you from a disappointed welsh traveller

See you soon then boyo!

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A big thank you from a disappointed welsh traveller

So sorry to see you didnt make it Welshtraveller.

However, it's an ill wind (excuse the pun!). Maybe next time you can incorporate an extended trip and come visit the East/North East along with Cork :-)

6. Re: A big thank you from a disappointed welsh traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Cork