We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group trip in 2012

S. K. R. I.
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Group trip in 2012

My husband coaches a boys' soccer (football) team, and we're planning a team trip for June or July of 2012. The trip will be mainly sightseeing, but the boys would like to play a couple of "friendlies" while in Ireland. Any suggestions as to itinerary would be appreciated. I'd like to include Bere Island.

Thank you for any help.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Group trip in 2012

Just back from Beara Pen this weekend and it is definitely a must see when you are in West Cork.

regarding the friendly football (soccer) matches. The best thing to do here is google 'soccer clubs' in the areas you will be visiting. Most soccer clubs will have some kind of presence on the web which will at least give you some contact names. If you google 'football' you will end up also finding the many GAA football clubs and this is an entirely different sport to soccer.

dublin
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Group trip in 2012

There is a company in Cork who have a group of hotels throughout the country and they do sports groups - nice and reasonable, I used them for our karate club, we were playing in dublin, galway and kerry and got really good prices for the hotels, way cheaper than B&B's and they had a a sister company who did the coaching for us, in case you are not bringing your own. Im sure they will have the numbers of soccer clubs around where you want to go. www.irelandschoice.com, their number is on their web site. there is a girl there called mairead, she worked wonders for us, dont know is she still works there but give them a go.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Group trip in 2012

E-mail Eddie Doyle at the following e-mail:

eddiefella@gmail.com

He is the secretary of the Cork Schoolboys League, which is mainly Cork City. There's hundreds of clubs and he'd be glad to help you out.

Kerry
Level Contributor
621 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Group trip in 2012

Whilst in Kerry

http://www.kerrydistrictleague.ie/contact/

5. Re: Group trip in 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 05:16