We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

average delays (or not) out of ORK

West Chester, Ohio
Level Contributor
775 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
average delays (or not) out of ORK

Hi. On May 17 I'll be taking the 0640am flight out of Cork, scheduled to arrive at 0920am in Paris. I need to book my non-refundable TGV tickets later today, with options leaving the CDG station at 1301 or 1352. I know one cannot predict what will exactly happen that day, but I was wondering if AE or this morning flight out of Cork generally tends to run late or on time. I think I have plenty of time built in for the 1301 TGV, but if the flight tends to run late, I would probably improve my odds and take the 1352 TGV instead. Thanks for any insights. BB

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,361 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: average delays (or not) out of ORK

As that AE flight originates from Cork (i.e. it is the first flight of the day for that aircraft), the chances of delayed departure are lessened. That's not to too say that other factors, such as fog (common enough at ORK) might affect you

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,510 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: average delays (or not) out of ORK

If you miss the 13:01 TGV, can you not transfer your ticket to a later one on the day? Apologies, but I have not used the TGV previously?

Long delays out of cork are not common. It's a small airport. I've used it a lot and very rarely been delayed and have never had a flight cancelled or transferred to another airport.

While fog may be a factor, you should not encounter it in May and in most cases flights operate normally in light fog.

I'd say book the 13:01

West Chester, Ohio
Level Contributor
775 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: average delays (or not) out of ORK

Thanks! Good "on the ground" info for me. Only 4 hrs until I can book.

Bryno, unfortunately, if you book the lowest fare (the PREMs), then they are non-refundable. That's why I'm trying to allow extra slack time in case something happens. Looking forward to our visit in Ireland mid-May. BB

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: average delays (or not) out of ORK

Hi Boatingbuddy,

I don't know to which terminal Cork flights arrive into, but TGV station is in lower T2 of CDG. This may influence your train time.

You are correct, PREMs are non refundable, and the queue to purchase tickets there can be long, so ensure you have enough time to connect. B

West Chester, Ohio
Level Contributor
775 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: average delays (or not) out of ORK

Bikies, thanks for the heads-up and directions. I was able to get my tickets right when they went on sale and I went with the e-ticket, so I was able to print them out. I'll take a closer look at gates, terminals and the TGV locations to be sure I understand where everything is. I ended up going with the later 1352 train since the tickets were non-refundable.

Thanks again to all for the info on flights out of Cork. BB

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: average delays (or not) out of ORK

You're welcome. Sounds like you have lots of time anyway. I love the TGV, I've used it several times from CDG. May I ask to where you're going? Just envious :-/ B

West Chester, Ohio
Level Contributor
775 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: average delays (or not) out of ORK

Bikies, we first head to Marseille to stay with some friends I met on my first trip to Europe in 1975. After 4 days there, we then are meeting up with 3 other couples and renting a house in Ansouis in the Luberon. Can't wait! BB

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: average delays (or not) out of ORK

Ah, sounds great. Bon voyage.

9. Re: average delays (or not) out of ORK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2012, 03:16