We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June in Cork

Which Cork hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunny South coast...
Level Contributor
41 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
June in Cork

9 of us (all male) are coming to Cork in June to celebrate a three way 50th birthday. We're all of that age or late 40s. We all love a drink, enjoy culture and especially music. We also like to converse in the pub rather than have our ears bleed to techno. We're staying at the Ambassador which seems a reasonable base with good facilties at a good price. (Book direct with hotel, MUCH cheaper that agencies). Soooo, good pubs, art gallery, restaurant recommendations anybody? Rugby and motorsport are also a common interest. What do you think folks? Regards TeamScoop.

Cork,Ireland
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: June in Cork

There are plenty of good places in Cork - you just have to search hard to find them!

As far as restaurants are concerned, there are 3 or 4 excellent ones.

Café Paradiso,Washington Street - Vegetarian restaurant but amazing food.

Greene's/Isaac's, MacCurtain Street - Excellent food.The indoor waterfall is very cool.Always busy-book a table when you arrive in Cork.

Jacobs on the Mall,South Mall - Expensive,nouveau cuisine.Good for a special night out.

Farmgate Café,English Market - Only open during the day but excellent café.Good food at very reasonable prices.On top floor of the English Market.

Pubs:

Mutton Inn,off Patrick Street - My favourite pub.Cosy and off the beaten path.

An Bróg,Oliver Plunkett St - Plays indie/alternative music.Very poserish pub and can get mad busy during uni but still the coolest pub in Cork.

Nancy Spains,Barrack Street - Again, cosy pub.

Thirsty Scholar,Washington Street - Nice place.I know during uni term,a trad band plays there every Monday night.Not sure about June though!

Cypress Avenue,Oliver Plunkett St - Bit dingy but great gigs there,mainly rock/indie.

Spailpin Fánach,off Washington Street - Trad music played there.Great pub.

The above pubs are probably the best for music.

Art Galleries:

Glucksmann,UCC - The Glucksmann on the grounds of University College Cork is probably the best gallery but Cork is no Paris or Florence when it comes to galleries.Lots of exhibitions relating to Irish history,particulary Cork and UCC

Crawford Gallery,off Paul Street - Ok but most of the exhibitions I've seen there were a bit disappointing.Not a great permanent collection.Nice café there though.

Rugby - Limerick,not Cork is better for rugby.The rugby season is over by June.

As for motorsports,pretty much non-existent in Cork!

Any other queries you have, don't hesitate to post!

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June in Cork

Teamscoop, I posted a long response to this yesterday and it HAS NOT APPEARED - boo hooooo.

I'll have to sit down again and re-write, don't ya just hate that?

Be back soon.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June in Cork

Forget the above post, i got confused over duplicates - oh now, i'm even more confused, must stop thinking !!

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June in Cork

Greene's is seldom mentioned, but is a fine restaurant. It is small, so book ahead. The waterfall is outdoor, but man made. Enjoy.

Cork,Ireland
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: June in Cork

I forgot to metion, a great site is www.whazon.com/cork. Plenty of listings for gigs, pubs, restaurants etc.

Get answers to your questions about Cork