We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June in Cork

Which Cork hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunny South coast...
Level Contributor
41 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
June in Cork

9 of us (all male) are coming to Cork in June to celebrate a three way 50th birthday. We're all of that age or late 40s. We all love a drink, enjoy culture and especially music. We also like to converse in the pub rather than have our ears bleed to techno. We're staying at the Ambassador which seems a reasonable base with good facilties at a good price. (Book direct with hotel, MUCH cheaper that agencies). Soooo, good pubs, art gallery, restaurant recommendations anybody? Rugby and motorsport are also a common interest. What do you think folks? Regards TeamScoop.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June in Cork

Teamscoop, Cork sounds like the perfect place for what you are looking for. The Ambassador is a lovely hotel up on a hight overlooking the city. Ask for Rooms on the highest floor at the front if you can. It would be classed as one of the better city hotels.

It is about a 15 minute walk down to Patrick Street (main street), there are lots of restaurants within walking distance, though you might want to get a taxi back UP the hill when you've finished stuffing yourself.

Will you have a car? You don't need one in Cork city, but let me know as I can recommend sights further afield if it is the case.

ALSO and more importantly, how many days will you be staying in Cork?

There are lots lof pubs and I can recommend at least three good pubs where there is regular traditional music. There are also lots of city centre pubs that have great atmosphere and NOT lots of loud music. For your smoking friends, well, they will have to spend part of their time 'smirting' (SMoking and flIRTING)outside the pub doors as smoking is not allowed in any indoor public places or places of employment.

There are 2 nice art galleries, Glucksman and Crawford and lots of small privately owned ones too, where you can browse. Rugby, not in June I think (BeanAlainn - you are the Rugger expert - what do you say?)

MMMMmmmmmm Motorsport, not sure about that in June, but will find out for you. Unless of course you want to hitch up with a few 'boy racers' and get them to bring you out the 'straight road' for a burn !!!!!!

I have 2 word documents that you might like to see, one is 'Bryans recommendation' on some of the sights in cork, including opening times, prices, parking etc.

The other is my recommendation for restaurants, including locations, phone no.s etc. Both docs are 2 pages each.

If you would like me to email them to you contact me at brynoadvisor@yahoo.ie

If you don't want to contact by mail, i'll post the suggestions here anyway.

As always, your email address will be kept strictly confidential and other posters can confirm to you that I do not become an e-pest. (Have I just invented a new e word???)

Also I am fully virus protected by up to date McAfee.

Let me know about the car and the no. of days and then I will get back to you with a suggested schedule.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June in Cork

Oh no, I see what happened, there are repeat topics from Teamscoop. That's a relief !!!!!!

Back at ya later teamscoop. Busy day today learning stuff - yeucccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sunny South coast...
Level Contributor
41 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June in Cork

Hi! Learn lots of good stuff! I've 'mailed you at your Yahoo address about your Word documents. Regards TLG

Get answers to your questions about Cork