We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travellodge stay in cork - cant find bus timetable

exeter
3 posts
Save Topic
travellodge stay in cork - cant find bus timetable

so we are staying for 4 nights in the travellodge near the airport but its quite a way from the town. i need to know if there are any buses from kinsale road to the main town. i have looked all over the internet and starting to think we may be in trouble :( help!

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travellodge stay in cork - cant find bus timetable

Would No. 249 or No. 252 be the buses you need?

www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=247##Cork

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,570 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travellodge stay in cork - cant find bus timetable

I strongly advise you not to stay at the Travelodge. If it was for one night, I'd probably still advise against it - but 4 !!!

It is in a terrible location, it is a soulless hotel with little nearby for you to go to or see. Essentially it is right beside one of Corks busiest roundabouts.

Is there a reason you have to stay there?? I hope not. Why not stay in Cork city itself? Loads of accommodations there within walking distance of the Bus office.

With regards your question about the bus. You should look at the schedule to cork airport or kinsale (same bus). There is probably a stop a few mins walk from the Travelodge, but I have never seen one. Heed my advice, however and don't stay at TL.

exeter
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travellodge stay in cork - cant find bus timetable

trintraveler do these buses go down kinsale road, its not kinsale itself we need you see :)

Bryno it is already booked and i cant refund it now, also it was the only thing i could make sense of.

looks like we will be using taxis :(

many thanks for your reples x

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,570 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travellodge stay in cork - cant find bus timetable

Why can't you cancel it? Everyone can cancel a hotel (unless you paid for it fully up front!!). If you can - do. If you can't - nothing more to say.

Let us know how you get on? I'd be interested in your review of the hotel.

The bus that trintraveler posted about is the one you want. It is the bus for Kinsale. The Travelodge is on the road towards the airport and kinsale.

Taxi to/from cork city will cost you about €10 each way.

Edited: 30 January 2012, 14:07
exeter
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travellodge stay in cork - cant find bus timetable

it will be too much hassle to do it and it was cheep rooms.

thank you for your help :)

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travellodge stay in cork - cant find bus timetable

The airport bus doesn't stop on the way in, so won't be any good.

The buses that go right by the hotel are the 249 and 252. However, I'm not sure where the nearest bus stop is. I think there's one near the junction of Tramore Rd and Kinsale Rd, although that is a fair distance and there might be a closer one.

You'll be less than a 10 minutes walk from stops on the city 3 (across the roundabout and walk down the old Kinsale Rd) and 6 (up the hill at the entrance to the Travelodge) services, and as these are more regular, they may be preferable.

The Travelodge is pretty much across the road from the city's Park and Ride service, however, I have no idea how you access the site without a car. Also, pricing is based on all occupants of a car and will work out expensive for one person.

China
Level Contributor
37 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travellodge stay in cork - cant find bus timetable

I wouldn't recommend the kinsale rd. travelodge to anyone but if you must: Use the no. 206 bus (grange to city centre). Timetable is on bus eireann website. The stop is approx 600 metres from the hotel. When you leave the hotel walk past the adjacent service station and the stop is on the lhs of the road. It's the starting point for the 206 route into town. Fare is €1.70 single. Regular service, buses approx. every 25 minutes.

8. Re: travellodge stay in cork - cant find bus timetable

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2013, 10:29
Get answers to your questions about Cork
Recent Conversations