We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone eaten in the Hunters Rest in Mitchelstown recently?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone eaten in the Hunters Rest in Mitchelstown recently?

Hi all, my husband and I used to eat in the Hunters Rest in Mitchelstown quite a bit and always enjoyed it, but we haven’t been there in 3 or 4 years. My parents are down to visit at the weekend and looking for somewhere to bring them. I would just be looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful, but as they only visit once in a blue moon, I would like the meal to be nice. Anyone eaten here recently?

2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone eaten in the Hunters Rest in Mitchelstown recently?

It's gone down hill a little because it's really quiet. Market place or the country kitchen are you best bets now.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone eaten in the Hunters Rest in Mitchelstown recently?

It's gone down hill a little because it's really quiet. Market place or the country kitchen are you best bets now.

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone eaten in the Hunters Rest in Mitchelstown recently?

I think the Hunters Rest is amazing for food and boy do they give you plenty . We travel over from Tipperary quite often to eat here and their Sunday Lunch is great value and nothing is too much trouble . I know we are in a recession but to visit here on a Sunday you wouldnt think so , its always buzzing and they will do their best to get you a table . I would put this bar/restaurant among my favourite places of all to eat ,

regards Deedee

Guildford, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone eaten in the Hunters Rest in Mitchelstown recently?

Hi

My daughter & i were in Mitchelstown just over a week ago. We hadn't been in the Hunters Rest for years either. Have to say, the food is FABULOUS.

We had a breafast one morning an evening meal another day, both superb. service was great too. enjoy.

Dee

Edited: 08 April 2012, 18:23
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone eaten in the Hunters Rest in Mitchelstown recently?

We ended up going to The Hunters Rest a couple of times while my visitors were here. The first visit was good, but the second visit not so good. I have posted a review if anyone is interested.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1593165…

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone eaten in the Hunters Rest in Mitchelstown recently?

Thanks ncmc - good review.

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone eaten in the Hunters Rest in Mitchelstown recently?

Thanks for the link ncmc , its one of my favourite places to eat .

regards Deedee

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone eaten in the Hunters Rest in Mitchelstown recently?

Took a group of visitors from Liverpool and the Isle of Man for lunch in the Hunters Rest recently. We hadn't booked but were accommodated with a smile.

Although very busy that day, the food was fantastic and the service very pleasant and efficient.

I took this group of people to several places during their tour and the consensus was that the Hunters Rest offered the best lunch and at a reasonable price.

This modest exterior hides a top class restaurant and no wonder it's so popular with the local population.

9. Re: Anyone eaten in the Hunters Rest in Mitchelstown recently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2013, 10:17