We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast at Jurys Inn?

Pune
Level Contributor
51 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast at Jurys Inn?

We are a family of 4: my wife and me and our boys aged 5½ and 1½ years old. We will be staying at the Jurys Inn Cork. I wanted to know if we should get breakfast at the Jurys Inn itself or go someplace nearby which is nicer / less expensive.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,129 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast at Jurys Inn?

I can't think of anywhere in the immediate vicinity that does breakfast, so you'd be looking at a 5-10 minute walk before you hit somewhere. In that context, you may find the hotel breakfastto be the best option.

If you choose not to go with it, two places that are at least on the right side of the city and are potential breakfast options are Continental (Maylor St) and Idaho (corner of Maylor St and Caroline St).

Pune
Level Contributor
51 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast at Jurys Inn?

Thank you blackgreen. We are planning a quick trip to Cobh in the morning and will be taking the train there. Should we get breakfast somewhere near the train station? Are the options you mentioned on the way?

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,129 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast at Jurys Inn?

They aren't on the way to the train station as Jury's Inn lies between the train station and the city centre.

I can't think of too many places on the way to the train station.

There's a small cafe in the train station that opens from 6am. It's fine for coffee and tea, but it's breakfast range only extends to croissants and scones. There's also a small shop there (no idea what time it opens as it's open before 6am, which is about as early as I'm ever in the station.

While the selection at the cafe and shop isn't great, it would allow you to buy stuff to bring on the train with you.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast at Jurys Inn?

I've had breakfast at Jury's Inn in Cork and while it isn't cheap it is good, you could totally fill up until late afternoon. It's buffet style and they offer everything for a full Irish (sausages, rashers, white and black pudding, fried and scrambled eggs, mushrooms, beans, tomatoes and hash browns) fruit, yoghurt, pastries, white and brown bread (pan loaf) and brown soda bread.Tea, coffee and juices are plentiful too. The only thing I didn't notice was cold meats and cheeses that you often see in continental European breakfast buffets.

Pune
Level Contributor
51 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast at Jurys Inn?

Thanks Lollymcd. What was the approximate cost per person for the breakfast? Any idea if they will charge for 5½ and 1½ years old kids?

Edited: 24 March 2012, 13:53
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast at Jurys Inn?

We booked B&B and I think it was €10 extra per person. I'm sorry I can't help with the kids meal cost. If you wanted to call them and ask, this is the number I have: +353214943000

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast at Jurys Inn?

I would not have the hotel breakfast, minimum cost will probably be about €10 each. You can get a very good self service breakfast at Kylemore Cafe, which is less than 5 mins walk from Jurys Inn. Admittedly, it's not on way to Train station, but it is only a few mins extra time to your journey. They do a small breakfast for about €3 but you can add items to that if you are hungrier. The best thing about Kylemore is that you can pick and choose what you want and only pay for those items.

It's not the most luxurious restaurant in the city, but it's good for breakfast, and there are tables overlooking Patrick street, so you can people watch while you eat.

I'll find out what time Kylemore opens at and get back.

Edited: 24 March 2012, 16:06
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast at Jurys Inn?

Cafe Kylemore is on first floor 'Merchants quay shopping centre' , literally 4-5 mins walk from hotel. Ask the hotel for directions which are simple

Cafe opening times

Mon-Sat 08.00-18.00 Sun 12.00-17.00

Alternatively. If you can hold off until you get to Cobh (train journey 25 mins), there is a nice cafe in the Cobh Heritage Centre and this is only one minute walk from the train station. You do not have to pay to enter the Heritage Centre in order to eat in the cafe. The cafe is before the admission gate.

Pune
Level Contributor
51 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast at Jurys Inn?

We got back from UK and Ireland last week and we did visit Cork as planned. We picked up something for breakfast from a SPAR which was about 10 mins away by walk beyond the bus station. We did have a quick lunch at the Jurys Inn bar which was very nice. Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

10. Re: Breakfast at Jurys Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:42