We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cork: Nearest Supermarket to Ard Patrick Avenue?

Which Cork hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cologne, Germany
2 posts
Save Topic
Cork: Nearest Supermarket to Ard Patrick Avenue?

Hi! I will be in Cork soon and I will be staying in Ard Patrick Avenue (Ladyswell). What would be the nearest supermarket to that? Doesn't have to be a big one, just the closest one. Thanks!

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cork: Nearest Supermarket to Ard Patrick Avenue?

I can't say I know Ard Patrick Avenue. In terms of Ladyswell in general, Dunnes Stores in Blackpool and the various supermarkets in the city centre are equally convenient by car. Tesco in Paul St in the city centre is just about walkable (Car access is off Lavitt's Quay). There is a convenience store in the petrol station by Murphys Brewery.

Cologne, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cork: Nearest Supermarket to Ard Patrick Avenue?

I won't have a car. So it should be in walking distance if possible. I read there is a shopping centre (Merchants Quay). Is there a supermarket in there, too? But that would still be quite a long walk. But I guess there is nothing closer?

And Ard Patrick Avenue is near Pope's Road. In Google Maps it's just called "The Avenue" even though that's not the proper name of the street.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cork: Nearest Supermarket to Ard Patrick Avenue?

There's a SuperValu and a branch of M&S in Merchants Quay. However, Tesco on Paul St is closer.

Irish in...
Level Contributor
309 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cork: Nearest Supermarket to Ard Patrick Avenue?

I know where Ard Patrick is - if you have no car either Dunnes Stores in Blackpool shopping centre or Tesco in Paul Street would be closest.

5. Re: Cork: Nearest Supermarket to Ard Patrick Avenue?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2013, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Cork