We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cork with kids, whats good??

donegal
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
cork with kids, whats good??

Hi All,

Im going to cork on thurs till monday and Im looking for some ideas of what to do with my girls age 7 and 9.We will go to Fota wildlife park and Im thinking that will take a day(or maybe not).Im also curious as to any info on an drive in movie place I saw,if its fun for kids.We are staying in Ballincollig, willing to travel a little also.Have car.

thanks in advance.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,277 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cork with kids, whats good??

The drive in movie place is very close to Fota, so it could be somewhere you could go afterwards. It only operates after dark and usually has kids movies on early, so it might not be the greatest at the moment when it's bright til late. When I went, it was an interesting experience although I found the sound a bit frustrating.

As for other things to do, check out Leahy's open farm, Clonakilty Model Railway Village, the Lifetime Lab and Blackrock Castle Observatory (although the latter two might not be great for a 7 year old). Keep in mind Monkey Maze and Leisureplex in case it rains.

cork
Level Contributor
200 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cork with kids, whats good??

I have 2 the same ages and agree with all of Blackbeans suggestions. My two particularily enjoy the railway village in Clonakilty plus you can take a road train around the village from there. The lifetime lab and Blackrock castle are two favourites too. Fitzgeralds park is nice on a good day. The kids love the playground and the 'shakey bridge'. The Cork museum is on the grounds too and is free.

In Ballincollig Supernova is a great place to go on a wet day.

National heritage week is next week also and there is loads of events on http://www.heritageweek.ie/

donegal
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cork with kids, whats good??

thanks for the replies.they will be a great help.

really looking forward to it now.

Also I will have to find somewhere to watch the Donegal v Cork game on sunday, Im sure I will get a hearty welcome with a donegal shirt on in Cork!!

Thanks again.

4. Re: cork with kids, whats good??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cork
Recent Conversations