We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Dublin to Cork

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
travel from Dublin to Cork

I want to take the train from Dublin to Cork on Sept 7, I don't know which station I leave from or depart from, and I am not sure if I need to purchase a ticket before I get to Ireland

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from Dublin to Cork

The station you need is Dublin Heuston. You can buy tickets at the station, but it will be significantly cheaper to buy online in advance. If you book online, you collect the ticket from machines at the station prior to departure. the disadvantage of the online tickets is that they are tied to a particular train with a charge for changing.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,895 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from Dublin to Cork

Www.irishrail.ie is the website to use

3. Re: travel from Dublin to Cork

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cork