We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cork - traditional pub accommodation

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Cork - traditional pub accommodation

We are looking to spend about a week in the Cork area at the end of July and have our hearts set on staying in a traditional pub which offers b & b. We have transport and are therefore happy to be out from the city centre, maybe in a village or more rural setting. Any ideas of nice places to stay?

Thank you!!

China
Level Contributor
32 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cork - traditional pub accommodation

There aren't very many options for traditional pub accommodation in or near Cork city. In fact I can't think of any. How far out of the city would you be prepared to stay? West Cork would have more options. I'd recommend you pick your preferred village or town location, then pick a good b&b there. It won't be too far to the nearest pub. Enjoy your stay.

Edited: 01 June 2013, 09:24
China
Level Contributor
32 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cork - traditional pub accommodation

There aren't very many options for traditional pub accommodation in or near Cork city. In fact I can't think of any. How far out of the city would you be prepared to stay? West Cork would have more options. I'd recommend you pick your preferred village or town location, then pick a good b&b there. It won't be too far to the nearest pub. Enjoy your stay.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,513 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cork - traditional pub accommodation

I agree with xavred, there are hardly any city based pubs that also offer accommodation in Cork City. Handlebars is the only one that comes to mind immdiately. I don't know what it's like to stay at, but I wouldn't as I really dislike the area -kind of depressing regardless of the time of year. However that's not to say Handlebars is not good accommodation.

If you want to stay in the city there are plenty of excellent B&B's that just happen to be near plenty of excellent city pubs both contemporary and very traditional.

If you want to stay in the County, you will need to be much more specific about how far you want to travel and what location you would like to be at. West Cork is most popular, followed by East and lastly North Cork. Funnilly enough there is not really any location that is described as South Cork, though of course it does exist, but would be mostly suburbia including some nicley placed villages south of the city such as Crosshaven.

Kinsale is a pretty town just 16 miles west of Cork city, but there are many more options, too many to list here without knowing more about your requirements.

4. Re: Cork - traditional pub accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Cork