We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cork

Which Cork hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hartlepool, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cork

Hello,

My fiancé is looking to go to Cork for her hen weekend next year, just wondering if it is a good location for hen parties for nightlife and activities etc.

Also, from Newcastle during the summer time the flights depart on Friday and return on Monday, does anybody know if there are any return flights on the Sunday?

Thanks

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cork

AFAIK Jet2 only operate two services a week in the Summer. I guess they can make more money flying to sun destinations (if only they had realised that this year Cork was a sun destination!). The number of flights increases in the Winter, mostly because of Cork people going to watch Newcastle and Sunderland matches. It's possible these aren't on sale yet or are only one sale around weekends where one of those clubs has home fixtures.

As for whether it is a good location, there are plenty of opportunities for going out. Some pubs don't like hen and stag parties in them, but in general hens get an easier time than stags.

To be honest I have no idea of what activities hen parties look for. The kind that go on at stag weekends - quad bikes, paintballing, zorbing, golf, clay pigeon shooting - are all available in and around the city, but for some, it is no harm to make contact with a minibus company about getting to the venue. I would imagine it's the same for hens, but if she has an idea of what she might like to do, we could say if it's available.

Hartlepool, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cork

Is the night life lively in july enough for hen party

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cork

Night life is very lively all year round really. It is a uni city with two main college campuses and other smaller 3rd level institutes, so lots of pubs and clubs to keep the students and others happy.

The majority of out of town students will be gone in July but nightlife will not be affected much by this. As for activities, - what Blackgreen said, but the Hen organiser would want to say what "activities" they are interested in.

Cork is a fantastic Eating/Drinking/Clubbing/Shopping city, friendly and compact and nice to visit at any time of the year.

If the organiser lists what is required we can say whether it is available here or not.

Hartlepool, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cork

Would you recommend oliver plunklett street or Washington road? I was there in oct and didn't really know where to go after 12am

cork
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cork

Depends on what you want, washington st would cater for the twentysomethings mainly in places like the holy cow, library club (new) secret garden (smokers paradise) or Havnah brownes (corks biggest nightclub), you also have places like The hanover there and the baily , wash inn etc. Oliver plunket st caters for more of a mixed crowd but with less late night choices... mainly old oak, crane lane, or vodoo. In my opinion mid town is a better option for the group you are asking for including places like soho bar and the bodega which are located between washinton st and oliver plunkett.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cork

There is a nightclub on Oliver plunkett street called voodoo rooms. Over 23s club ideal if there's a mixed age group. You can reserve a booth for your group by sending them a pm on their facebook page. Enjoy!

7. Re: cork

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Cork