We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

open pass should I buy??

nj
Level Contributor
142 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
open pass should I buy??

I will be taking public transportation for 11 days and was thinking of buying open 6 day pass instead of single trip passes.also is this final trip itinerary for end of October beginning November do able??

Day 1 fly into Shannon air 7am bus ticket to Galway walk around

Day 2 Tour day. see Cliffs of Moher

Day 3 bus ticket to see county Mayo Knock, Ballyhaunis, return bus ticket to Galway

Day 4Tour day see Arans Islands then bus ticket to Dublin

Day 5 walk around Dublin

Day 6 Dublin

Day 7 bus ticket to Cork walk around

Day 8 Tour day Barney Castle and then bus ticket to Killarney

Day 9 Killarney walk around see Muckross House Ross Castle

Day 10 Tour day Dingle unless see a little of ROK

Day 11 bus ticket to Limerick ,bus ticket to Bunratty staying in Hotel overnight

Day 12 taxi to Shannon Airport since leaving for 9am flight at 6 am

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: open pass should I buy??

It's doable, although you could be a little at the mercy of the weather on such a set schedule. Places like the Cliffs of Moher and the Aran Islands aren't huge fun when there is a low, misty rain.

I'm not sure of the timing of getting a Galway-Dublin bus after coming back from the Aran Islands. I think it's OK, but the timings might be tight.

Also, when seeing Mayo, Knock and Ballyhaunis are not the scenic end of the county, you might want to look towards Westport/Newport/Achill.

Finally, if you have a Bus Eireann pass, it would cover the local bus service from Cork to Blarney, so you could save yourself the cost of a tour there, as you will be using the pass for the trip from Cork to Killarney that day anyway.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,761 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: open pass should I buy??

If you have not already done so, you might be interested in these Trip Reports using public transport in Ireland: the one from April 2013, in particular:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k67126…

nj
Level Contributor
142 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: open pass should I buy??

should I buy the open pass now on line for my trip in end of October or wait and buy when I arrive at Shannon airport??

4. Re: open pass should I buy??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Cork