We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle

Which Cork hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melksham, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
shuttle

does anyone know if princess cruises provide a free shuttle bus at cobh in ireland? trying to get any info from them is a nightmare! thanks

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shuttle

Where do you want the shuttle to run to?

Cobh town centre is less than 5 minutes walk from where the cruise ships dock and unlike some other ports that's not a walk where you are among freight being loaded or vehicles queuing for car ferries. The train station is right alongside where the cruise ships dock.

I doubt you'd get a free shuttle to go any further as the tours to Midleton, Blarney, Killarney, Cork etc. are where the cruise lines make their money. With the exception of Blarney, all can be accessed by train and Blarney isn't too tough by public transport, although you have to switch from train to bus.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shuttle

I agree with BG, I absolutely doubt there are any free shuttles, as BG says (and as I have experienced with another major cruise line), they make their money on the tours so they will not provide a freebie.

Getting to Cork city couldn't be easier and onwards to Blarney is no big deal, just a litte pre planning on your side.

Cobh town itself has 5 sights where you could easily spend the day and they are:

Cobh town and the Cathedral (free)

The Queenstown Story (heritage centre) Entry charge

The Titanic Experience. Entry Charge

Spike Island - Ferry and Entry Charge

Titanic Trail Walking tour. Entry Charge

....... and, as far as I know there are one of those 'petite trains' in the town that do a circuit of Cobh town which is not large at all.

Enjoy your trip to Cobh and Cork

Edited: 15 September 2013, 15:40
3. Re: shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cork