We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

some questions regarding Cork

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
some questions regarding Cork

Hi

I will be staying with my family in the Clarion hotel for a few days between xmas and new year

I was wondering what the average prices for food and drink will be in Cork, im familiar with Dublin and Dublin prices and was wondering if Cork was similar?

Also i was wondering if there are any Indian restaurants and family friendy bars within walking distance from Clarion Hotel

Thanks in advance

Gary

Level Contributor
164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: some questions regarding Cork

Cork is cheaper by a good margin. All the pubs are within walking distance of the hotel. Strasbourg goose 21e per person and very nice. Also greens in the issacs hotel. And the soho is nice i dont know any indian places

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: some questions regarding Cork

Both food and drink are significantly cheaper in Cork than Dublin.

Unfortunately, most of the decent Indian restaurants that I can think of are out in the burbs rather than central.

Iyer's comes with a good reputation, but I haven't tried it personally. There are a couple of other caveats with it. It is vegetarian and it seems to have strange opening hours.

Other central options are Bombay Palace, Eastern Tandoori and The Spice Route (this is really more os a takeaway with some seating, but the food is OK).

If other spicy cuisines will do, Banna Thai is not far from The Clarion and is good.

Family friendly pubs? The bar in The Clarion seems child-friendly enough. Otherwise, maybe Clancy's or South's. Most pubs won't have a problem with children in the daytime though

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: some questions regarding Cork

thanks for the replies

as for family friendly bars, i would like a drink before dinner between say 6 and 7pm but if the bars will be too busy at these times the hotel bar would be fine.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: some questions regarding Cork

Except maybe Friday, and to a lesser extent Thursday, when some people will go for drinks straight after work, that won't be a busy time in bars. I doubt there will be any issues with kids in bars at that hour.

If it's a major concern, play it safe and go to Clancy's

5. Re: some questions regarding Cork

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cork