We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag on the Jazz weekend

Ireland
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Stag on the Jazz weekend

Can someone help!

It's my job to sort out a stag weekend for 6 lads in cork city centre.

Whats the best place to stay (maybe with a residense bar if we're able!) and what good pubs are there. I plan to arrange getting to the dog track too.

Any advise?

TT

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,547 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag on the Jazz weekend

For a Stag on Jazz weekend it has to be the Jazz Festival Club i.e. Gresham Metropole on McCurtain Street. This is where the action will be. It's got the residents bar you are looking for and the Jazz pub trail starts here, not to mention fast food options nearby to line the stomach.

You'd want to be booking accommodation tomorrow !!!!

Other than that, get anywhere that you can in the city centre if possible. There are good hotel options outside of the city too, but you'll be relying on taxis if you want to get to the heart of the festval.

t'll be hectic.

When booking I don't think you should mention that it's a STAG group (no matter how well behaved you all are)

How's the budget?

Do you want my list of accomm. in Cork City? If so, mail me at brynoadvisor@yahoo.ie It includes addresses, phone numbers and emails.

The dog track is great craic and perfect for your group of 6. I've written all about it on the TA Inside Pages. Have a look for it in the 'Things to do' section.

What about Karting at Kartworld, Watergrasshill? Expensive but great fun, and hey it'll be a long time before groomy gets out and about again.

Ireland
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag on the Jazz weekend

Cheers Bryno,

I tried that Gresham Metropole place but it seemed a bit pricey!! Our budgets wouldn't allow us to wine and dine in such lavish places even though it's only a 3 star. If we had de dosh I definitely go for it though.

However taking your advise I booked a place already. I provisionally booked Jurys Inn succesfully so I hope we're not too far from the craic. And I don't think Jurys have a residence bar but not to worry we'll probably had enough by then.

I checked out the Kartworld site and it looks the bizz but again the budget will put a stump to that unfortunately.

I deffo organise sumthing with the dog track though and we'll visit the metropole for a few drinkies, so thats my plan so far and maybe that's all thats needed!

Cheers for the advise,

Tadhger

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,547 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag on the Jazz weekend

Jurys Inn is a great location. It's just a typical J.Inn.

It's 5 mins walk from city centre, and just about the same over to Metropole (which isn't that lavish actually !)

Definitely go to the dogs - well not literally, and when you're sick of the drink, the chips and the dogs there's all night bowling just 2 mins down the street from the Met in the

Coliseum.

You could organise an apres-drink bowling league !

enjoy.

Cork
Level Contributor
120 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag on the Jazz weekend

Dog track is great craic, but if you want to eat there book well in advance. (food is great)

Mardyke is a laugh - bowling, pool, snooker and video games under one roof complete with bars and DJs,

Cheap n Cheerful accommodation - Jurys Inn is always a safe bet, also try Isaacs in MacCurtain St.

Bars - depends what you like. Cleavers off Nth Main Street is close to Washington Village and is a good meeting place.

Try SoHo, Long Island (good snazzy bars), also Preachers, Costigans, The Wash, The Bailey, Reardens (which has late bar and "ok but not great" club upstairs) all on Washington St, good selection of pubs here.

Hope this helps, but beware that everywhere will be jointed for the jazz.

Enjoy :)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
137 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stag on the Jazz weekend

The nightclub above the Classic bar off Washington Street is good too.

6. Re: Stag on the Jazz weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 14:20
Get answers to your questions about Cork