We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live at the Marquee advice please

GLASGOW
Level Contributor
298 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Live at the Marquee advice please

Hi everyone

Thinking of going to a show here next month.

Am I correct in understanding it's a tent? If so does this mean that there are no fixed toilets and there are only portaloos?

Also can I ask would I be better staying in the Radisson at the Airport or the Fota Island Hotel and Spa? Would there be much difference in travelling to the show from either of them?

Finally, smoking is problematic for us do to health condition, do people smoke inside the tent even with the ban?

Thank you

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,812 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live at the Marquee advice please

Answers below prefixed by ####

Am I correct in understanding it's a tent?

#### Yes, similar to a very large circus tent.

If so does this mean that there are no fixed toilets and there are only portaloos?

#### Yes, lots of portaloos

Also can I ask would I be better staying in the Radisson at the Airport or the Fota Island Hotel and Spa?

#### There is no comparison between Radisson and Fota Island. Fota Island is streets ahead of the Radisson, also the airport complex is a very soulless place. However, neither is convenient to the Marquee, and you will have to either drive to the venue or get a taxi, there are no direct public busses. Travel time from Fota Island to Marquee - about 25 minutes, and much the same for Radisson. The most convenient hotel to the Marquee is the Clarion - 20 minute flat walk or 5 minute taxi.

Would there be much difference in travelling to the show from either of them?

#### No difference, but as I mentioned, Fota Island is a much nicer hotel in a much nicer location.

Finally, smoking is problematic for us do to health condition, do people smoke inside the tent even with the ban?

#### Absolutely NO smoking inside the tent.

Come on over and enjoy Cork.

Also, read this previous thread tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g186600-i677-k72030…

Edited: 19 June 2014, 14:30
Mentioned in this post
Fota Island
Fota Island
County Cork, Ireland
2. Re: Live at the Marquee advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cork