We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidays in Donegal

ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Holidays in Donegal

Hi, my husband and I and baby are travelling to Donegal in June for a week. Any suggestions for nice hotels - with leisure centre, on/close to beach, child-friendly ?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
246 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holidays in Donegal

Right on the beach in Rossnowlagh, South Donegal is the Sand House Hotel. Havent been there in years but it is a fantastic location. Lots of surf!! A rarity in Ireland. Anyone been there recently?

ireland
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holidays in Donegal

Hi, We stayed in Jacksons hotel in Ballybofey a few years ago and were very impressed. We have four children ..It is very central to Derry ,Giants causeway, Inishowen peninsula, Donegal town etc...

Have fun.

County Westmeath...
Level Contributor
228 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holidays in Donegal

Hi

My parents have a holiday home in Bundoran. We bring our 2 lads ( 2 & 5 ) alll the time and they love it.

It is a real seaside town with lots of amusements etc.

Also there is a Waterworld - indoor swimming pool with slides etc. The Great Northern Hotel is set right on the coast on the golf course and is right beside the beach, cliffside walks etc.

It has been years since I stayed there so I cannot comment on the hotel. Other hotels in the town include the Holyrood and The Allingham. Check out mceniffhotels.com. We have stayed at their Yeats Hotel in Rosses Point, Sligo and found it to be ideal for kids. Hotel was basic and food ok but it was just you did't feel uncomfortable with your buggy and baby etc.

They had a kids club too which was great. Right beside beach also.

If you are planning do some day trips around the county (and you should because Donegal is beautiful !) then somewhere a bit further north such as Letterkenny, Ballbofey may be more central. Also check out http://www.donegaldirect.com.

London
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holidays in Donegal

What part of Donegal will you be staying in. Nice hotel in Buncrana which overlooks the beach. Inishowen Gateway.

http://www.inishowengateway.com