We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stranacorka Derrybeg

Manchester
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Stranacorka Derrybeg

I am touring the area above in the summer can anyone tell me about facilities shops, cafes, bars etc. if anyone could tell me what to expect I would be grateful.

Chandpur Indian Restaurant
££ - £££, Indian, Asian, Balti
Mrs B's Coffee House
££ - £££, Irish, Cafe, Healthy
Wholegreen Healthfood
££ - £££, Irish, Cafe, Healthy
Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stranacorka Derrybeg

You will be in a relatively remote though densely populated part of north-west Donegal. I assume you will have a car, as there is no other realistic way of getting around. As you are remote from the larger towns in Donegal, most facilities such as shops are on a relatively small or local scale.If looking for large supermarkets, you would have to travel 30-40 miles, though you will find branches of some of the mid-range chains such as Spar, Centra etc in the local towns. The area is not surprisingly well served with pubs and small hotels/B&Bs such as Teach Jacks and Hudai Beags.

Mentioned in this post
Donegal Town
Donegal Town
County Donegal, Ireland
Manchester
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stranacorka Derrybeg

Thanks for your help

Boston...
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stranacorka Derrybeg

There's a Supervalu supermarket in Dungloe which isn't too far away (under 20 km), they're a pretty decent Irish supermarket chain, and most usually have a full off-license too:

http://supervalu.ie/store-locator/

You'll be remote, but that not remote! :)

Mentioned in this post
Dungloe
Dungloe
County Donegal, Ireland
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stranacorka Derrybeg

As mentioned there is a Supervalue in nearby Dungloe (15-20 minute drive), where you will also find a ALDI and LIDL. More locally In Derrybeg there are also two good size Supermarkets and there 3/4 bars within walkin distance, numerous fast food establishments and two chinese as well. For major shopping and other facilities you are looking at Letterkenny which is about 50 minute drive away.

Mentioned in this post
Dungloe
Dungloe
County Donegal, Ireland
Letterkenny
Letterkenny
County Donegal, Ireland
5. Re: Stranacorka Derrybeg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 06:18