We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Donegal for 3 Nights

Indian Rocks Beach...
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Donegal for 3 Nights

We will be driving into Donegal from Portstewart (thanks, Ponaire!) and plan to stop in Derry for a half day or so then carry on to either Dunfanaghy or Ardara. We have a total of 3 nights and I need a little more direction...could we stay all 3 nights in Ardara and tour up as far as Bloody Foreland or do we need to spend 1st night in Dunfanaghy, tour the area next day and work our way south same day and then spend 2 nights Ardara? Thanks so much!

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Donegal for 3 Nights

Hi, You can spend all 3 nights in Ardara, and do a daytrip back north. When you leave Derry, drive to Ardara on the route that goes inland past Glenveagh Natl Park. The next day, drive north up the coast to Bloody Foreland and points north. On the next day, you'll want to tour southern Donegal and the Slieve League peninsula.

It took me about 2 hrs to drive from Glencolumbkille to Dunfanaghy, at a leisurely pace (with detours :)

Indian Rocks Beach...
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Donegal for 3 Nights

Thank you once more, Trintraveler! All of a sudden my Northern Ireland trip is as much about Donegal as N. Ireland!

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,190 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Donegal for 3 Nights

As it should be dcl, it is a beautiful county! :-)

DeLand, Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Donegal for 3 Nights

dcl1991, I'm having the same experience! Planned a trip to NI & then the west coast, but the more I research, the more time I want to spend in County Donegal!

Indian Rocks Beach...
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Donegal for 3 Nights

Endless, isn't it? Think we are both ready to see land that isn't flat and hot...much as I love Florida!

6. Re: Donegal for 3 Nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 07:18