We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ballyshannon (Dorrians Hotel or Adara(Nesbitt Arms

south`
Level Contributor
51 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Ballyshannon (Dorrians Hotel or Adara(Nesbitt Arms

Trying to decide on a nice hotel in small village with , Any recent experience thanks

any other suggestions. B&B will not work due to size of our group

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,979 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ballyshannon (Dorrians Hotel or Adara(Nesbitt Arms

Ballyshannon doesn't come to mind when I think of "small village". It's definitely quieter since the main road has bypassed the town and the place doesn't appear to be thriving these days unfortunately.

But more of a mid-sized town than a village, definitely.

Have you looked at Sandhouse Hotel nearby to Ballyshannon, in Rossnawlagh?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ballyshannon (Dorrians Hotel or Adara(Nesbitt Arms

Ardara is a great place to stay. The Nesbitt Arms seems to get good reviews on TripAdvisor and is in the centre of the town near to the bars and shops. Have you checked out the Woodhill? I have eaten in the restaurant (gorgeous) but haven't stayed over. But the reviews are good on TA. It's a bit further out of town but in a beautiful setting.

Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ballyshannon (Dorrians Hotel or Adara(Nesbitt Arms

I have stayed in the Nesbitt and it is a good hotel. The room and bathroom is lovely and clean and there is a good breakfast in the morning. Its right in Ardara town centre, so the location is brilliant. I also ate in the bar as well and the food was really nice even though they were really busy.

wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ballyshannon (Dorrians Hotel or Adara(Nesbitt Arms

I stayed in the Nesbitt Arms during the Cup of Tae festival at the end of April and have no complaints. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good. There are at least four pubs right on the main street and Nancy's is just around the corner. Glencolmkille,Glengesh Pass and Slieve League are all close by.

I believe it is the third week in September that "Cherish the Ladies" will be performing at the Nesbitt Arms. If you happen to live,or are traveling, anywhere in the area they are definitely worth seeing.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ballyshannon (Dorrians Hotel or Adara(Nesbitt Arms

Ardara is the place to stay. The friendliest wee town in all of Donegal too. Easy reach of Glencolumcille, Glengesh Pass, Slieve League Cliffs, Maghera Caves & Waterfall & fabulous beach. Nearby is Rosbeg & Portnoo - more fantastic beaches. Ardara has a few B&B's & the Nesbitt Arms Hotel with comfy rooms. Great pubs & live music.

6. Re: Ballyshannon (Dorrians Hotel or Adara(Nesbitt Arms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Donegal Town