We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryan air owned resturant

ORANGE,CA
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Ryan air owned resturant

Hope someone can help, I went to a beautiful restaurant ouside of Dublin city, which I believe is or was owned by Ryan air...the restaurant was in a residential area. You had to enter thru electronic gates. They served brunch in a very large room, but also had a smaller indoor/outdoor cave like dining area. Large beautiful ground, castle like. Does any one know the name and exactly where it's at?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryan air owned resturant

You're thinking of this one. And very nice it is too.

www.villageatlyons.com/

ORANGE,CA
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryan air owned resturant

Thanks so much for your reply, it was such a great place I wanted my sister to have lunch or dinner there while in Ireland.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,398 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryan air owned resturant

Did you have to pay to bring in your handbag, and if so, did they weigh it? Just wondering, in case I take my wife there for her birthday.

;-)))

ORANGE,CA
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryan air owned resturant

Hi, No, I did not have to pay to bring a handbag. I have never heard of this practice. Maybe your just kidding. You Irish and English guys have a different sense of humor than Americans, however I like it! Go there for lunch! Food was lovely, champagne a little pricey.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,398 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryan air owned resturant

No not joking at all (!)

Another question: Did you have to pay online to book a specific table?

Also, were you offered any lottery 'scratch cards' with your dessert? There would have been a charge for these (obviously)

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,248 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryan air owned resturant

Bryno

The restaurant is on the Lyons Estate which was owned by Tony Ryan, the founder of Ryanair. As far as I recall, the estate was sold after his death. There is no connection between the restaurant (Richard Corrigan ran or for a while) and the airline so far as I know

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,475 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryan air owned resturant

Lol Bryno ....

Clodagh McKenna also ran it for a while, they had a cookery school running there as well.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,248 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryan air owned resturant

Btw it is way overpriced. Head instead into Naas to Vie de Chateau. French country cooking at a reasonable cost

ORANGE,CA
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryan air owned resturant

Bryno, I went to this restaurant about 5 years ago while in Ireland. I did not get lottery tickets. We were just driving around and asked a women and her dog where a great restaurant was around the area, just walked in and had a wonderful lunch. The food was not over priced, however I remember paying aprox 15 euro for a glass of champagne, not knowing the price I had 3 glasses. If I'm in Ireland again, I would go there eat and have a cocktail instead. I also went to a restaurant named Roly's in Dublin, aprox 10 mins outside city center. Excellent also.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,685 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryan air owned resturant

Roly is now in Dundrum. Go, if only for the smokies.

www.rolydundrum.ie/