We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
england
Level Contributor
924 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
confused...transport tickets

Hiya only 25 days to go :-)

we are staying at azalea lodge just outside the centre and will be using public transport to get around...staying for 6 days ..1 day includes going to see the Script at the O2...

so I was wondering if you good people to point me in the right direction of which transport ticket I will need for me and my daughter

thank you x

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: confused...transport tickets

There are 3 principal modes of public transport in Dublin - bus (generally operated by Dublin Bus), rail (Dart and Commuter) and tram (Luas). The simplest ticket to use on all three modes is a Leap Card which is a smart card which can be topped up. A standard leap card can be easily purchased in a large number of outlets on payment of a €5 deposit which is refundable if you surrender the card. There are other tourist tickets e.g Dublin Bus Rambler and Freedom tickets but none that I know which cover all three modes of transport.

Your B&B is served by Dublin Bus and the O2 is served by Luas (though it can be very crowded immediately after an event). Given that you are here for 6 days, you may also want to use DART to visit some coastal attractions such as Howth, Malahide and Greystones - hence my suggestion that you purchase a Leap Card. For more details see www.leapcard.ie.

england
Level Contributor
924 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: confused...transport tickets

hiya thank you for getting back to me i will take a look at the link you sent the leap card sounds very much like a oyster card they have in london and as it looks like i will be using all 3 modes of transport it looks like the best option

re travelling out I have Howth on my agenda as a def trip wll look into the others aswell

thanks again

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: confused...transport tickets

If you do choose the Leap Card just bare in mind that you have to apply in writing to have the deposit refunded, they will then send you a cheque (in €€€)

Check out the last FAQ here: https:/…

4. Re: confused...transport tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 February 2013, 21:35
Edited: 03 February 2013, 21:35
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: confused...transport tickets

Leap [depicted as a frog!] is very similar to the London Oyster Card.

england
Level Contributor
924 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: confused...transport tickets

okidoke will see what works out the cheaper option for the pair of us as if weather not to bad happy to walk to town from where we are staying but thank you

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,248 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: confused...transport tickets

I have answered on your other thread regarding the travel tickets. If you are staying in Azalea Lodge and going to the O2 you will mostly be using the bus and luas. If you want to visit Howth and not pay to use the train you can always take the bus instead. If your daughter is under 16 she can get a child ticket which is much cheaper than an adult ticket.

Let us know how your trip goes

england
Level Contributor
924 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: confused...transport tickets

hiya thank you will look at all options kind regards

9. Re: confused...transport tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2014, 06:16