We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Prices Aer Lingus

2 posts
Save Topic
Flight Prices Aer Lingus

Hello, I am looking to book a flight from jfk --> dub in november. If you have past experience with booking aer lingus please help! their prices have been all over the place lately and were $515 (low for me!) a week ago but I couldn't buy it at the time. Now it's $630, but I'm hoping it'll go down. Does anyone know/think if it will? Thank you!

17 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,831 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Prices Aer Lingus

I have booked Transatlantic flights, but from the UK not the US. I found very good prices six months or so out, booked and never looked back. I don't think anyone can accurately predict what's going to happen to fares for a particular flight. I suspect that the trend will be upwards, but there may be little blips along the way.

If yu think $630 is good value for the flights you want, book now.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
36,652 posts
599 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Prices Aer Lingus

Well I flew from houston to Dublin going to Dublin and Amsterdam and it was 1100 USD when we went 3 years back.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
County Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for County Cork
Level Contributor
2,639 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Prices Aer Lingus

I think $630 is a great price. Also, it could be your computer cookies which airlines keep track off and put prices up if you look at the same flights.Always clear your cookies before searching for flights.

Also, some days can be cheaper than others. Saturday's and Tuesday's do tend to be cheaper to fly than Friday's, Sunday's and Monday's.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight Prices Aer Lingus

Hard to predict how prices will go, but what you quote is more or less in the range of what I would expect to pay.

Currently looking at this for ourselves and there are some good prices on the Irish site now. €186 JFK to Dublin from Nov 22 - this is the lowest price I've seen recently, usually we would pay 220-280 one way.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Clifton Park,NY
Level Contributor
770 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight Prices Aer Lingus

I booked in the spring for this September and I'm paying $595 JFK to Shannon

Mentioned in this post
Shannon
Shannon
County Clare, Ireland
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,885 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight Prices Aer Lingus

Download the Aerlingus App now

and be the first to know when they are

having a " Sale "

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight Prices Aer Lingus

I have downloaded the app and I signed up to their newsletter! I heard about airlines having a sale around the beginning of September does anyone know about this?

Boston...
Level Contributor
36 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight Prices Aer Lingus

We just came back from Dublin and when booking our flights, I found booking directly with Aer Lingus, it was very expensive! We booked through Expedia and everything went very smoothly. Heads up: if you try to call Aer Lingus' customer service, be ready to wait at least 2 hours. The airline it self isn't bad. The food is okay but because it's such a quick flight from the east coast, you won't get much sleep by the time they are done with their food service.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,831 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight Prices Aer Lingus

Here in the UK, I found soeme xcellent fares booking direct. Perhaps their strategy is different over in the US? I didn't need to contact customer services, so no complaints there. In fact, I was very happy with all the flights I took on Aer Lingus. They exceeded my expectations.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
179 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight Prices Aer Lingus

Not sure where you're starting from, but Hartford, CT has a direct to Dublin now.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Reply to: Flight Prices Aer Lingus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted