We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Grange

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
New Grange

We plan to go to New Grange on May 3rd. Will it be busy at that time of the year. Should I buy advance tickets?

Best Seller
Cliffs of Moher Tour Including Wild...
1,206 Reviews
from US$53.90*
Best Seller
Northern Ireland Highlights Day Trip...
1,013 Reviews
from US$77.80*
Best Seller
Book of Kells Early Access Tour with...
237 Reviews
from US$52.70*
5 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Grange

No one can really tell if any sight/attraction is going to be busy on any particular day, but if it's something you really want to see and you are stuck to a schedule, it would be advisable to book somewhat in advance to be sure.

Edited: 17 January 2018, 19:18
Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Grange

Thank you so much. I didn’t know if this might be a peak time of the year. Keep traveling. 😊

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Grange

We went in July and just turned up. We did get tours but they were later in the day so we had to wait a while.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
10,461 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Grange

I believe advance booking is now allowed - much easier to work your schedule if you've got a booking. Having said that the visitor centre has lots to keep you interested and a great Cafe if you do have to wait.

A small point for your info not for correction - it's Newgrange all one word, and it is fascinating. Enjoy!

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Grange

Definitely book online, it's very easy to do. Be aware that the booking times build in time in the visitors centre before you actually go to the monument itself. I went with my children recently - we booked for the 12.15 time slot, but our actual departure time to the site itself (you go on a minibus) was 1.15 pm. The cafe is very nice and there's also an exhibition (which my guys had no interest in unfortunately).

As an aside, I can't get over how cheap it is to visit Newgrange. Our tickets for 1 adult and 2 children cost a total of €16, which included a €1 booking fee. Adult admission is only €7.

Reply to: New Grange
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted