We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Dublin ??Italian

Cheshire, UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants in Dublin ??Italian

Hi, I'm going to Dublin next weekend, in a group of 12. We would like to book a table for Friday night? Somewhere central Dublin (staying in St Stephens green area - though can walk!!) possibly Italian- to suit all. In-expensive to Moderate price - probably upto 15 Euros per main course/ pasta/pizza, clean, pleasant environment. I've read that some of the many Italian restaurants arn't very good - we would like good home cooked food. Or if not Italian any other restaurants that fit the bill. Would be grateful for any suggestions.

many thanks

oscarmerlin.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
696 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Dublin ??Italian

Hi

Check out menupages.ie

They list and review all restaurants in Dublin.

The restaurants reviews are written by people who have eaten there

My favorite `Italian's' are

Nico's 58 Dame St. D2

It's the oldest Italian restaurant in Dublin

and Cafe Bar Deli in Grafton St

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
696 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Dublin ??Italian

Sorry

That should have read

The restaurants reviews are written by ordinary customers who have eaten there not professional restaurant critics

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
246 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Dublin ??Italian

A great 'genuine' italian in central Dublin a few mins walk from Grafton Street is Dunne and Crescenzi on South Frederick street. They have two premises there, the larger one having a more varied menu. You can book a table for a larger number and the prices are the best in Dublin. Also the food is genuine italian. You can check there phone number etc on menupages.ie

Enjoy.

PS the waiters are all Italian also !

Cheshire, UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Dublin ??Italian

Thanks for those theyre really helpful.

amsterdam
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Dublin ??Italian

il baccaro, diceman corner,meeting house sq. temple bar is very good traditional italian food enjoy

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Dublin ??Italian

I would agree with the earlier post that Dunne and Crescenzi is awesome and it is definitely my favorite Italian restaurant in Dublin. The food is excellent, authentic and at very reasonable prices for Dublin. All the staff tend to be Italian which is also a good sign. Their wine selection is great and also reasonable. It would only be a 10 min walk from the Green area. You can view their website at:

http://www.dunneandcrescenzi.com/

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Dublin ??Italian

I would "third" the Dunne and Crencenzi idea. However- my only worry would be that they wont be able to take a group of 12 people- its quite small.

Another very reasonable pizzeria place would be pizza stop, which is on a side street by the Westbury hotel. Mainly just pizza and pasta dishes- more italian staples than fancy italian food, but they may be better served to deal with a big group if D&C above is difficult to get into to.

For a group of 12, you should book in advance at either place...

Bay Area
Level Contributor
67 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Dublin ??Italian

Just got back from Dublin last week and we ate at Dunne and Crescenzi twice. The food was so good had to go back a second time. I would highly recommend it.

Dublin
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in Dublin ??Italian

I think that Dunne and Crescenzi is yummy too, but don't think it's a good idea for a group of 12 - where would you all sit??

Cafe Bar Deli - I don't think they take bookings.

My suggestion, especially for a group, is Boccaccios on Dame Street. It's really good fun for a group of people.

I also like Bar Italia - owned by the same crowd as Dunne & Crescenzi.

Wherever you're going - you'll need to book it in advance.

Enjoy!

10. Re: Restaurants in Dublin ??Italian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 21:16