We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days Dublin with Kids-Suggestions?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
324 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
4 days Dublin with Kids-Suggestions?

The kids are ages 10 and 13. We love off the beaten path. No car. Unusual and also fun family stuff or events; thanks in advance.

Dublin
Level Contributor
793 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days Dublin with Kids-Suggestions?

Check out:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186605-i90-k10723…

to start you off.....I'm sure you'll get plenty of response....

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days Dublin with Kids-Suggestions?

You could take them to the Aquatic Centre in Blanchardstown. There is an indoor water complex with loads of waterslides and fun kids swimming pools that they might enjoy.

It is located in west Dublin so you would have to take a bus there, the 38 or the 38A.

See http://www.nationalaquaticcentre.ie

then go to leisure waters for the water park

see www.dublinbus.ie for bus times

Santorini
Level Contributor
332 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days Dublin with Kids-Suggestions?

you could also go on the viking splash tour, most tourist offices have information on it. Check www.dublin.ie for more information about activities for kids.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days Dublin with Kids-Suggestions?

check out the mummies in the crypt at St Michans Church, Church Street, Dublin 7. Very close to the Jameson Distillery which is on all the tourist maps.

I brought my nephews here a few years back and they loved it - the tour guide is wonderful and speaks many languages, he's very inclusive and makes you feel welcome.

Find out more here: irelandforvisitors.com/articles/mummies_of_s…

Dublin
Level Contributor
130 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 days Dublin with Kids-Suggestions?

Viking Splash is loads of fun - or if they were int aimals, a baby elephant has just been born at Dublin zoo - he's not viewable yet, but he mt be by the time you get here!

Dublin
Level Contributor
130 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 days Dublin with Kids-Suggestions?

sorry my computer is really slow this morninng and keeps leaving out letters I have typed for some reason! that should read 'into animals' and 'might be by the time you visit'!!!! Gotta type slower!!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 days Dublin with Kids-Suggestions?

I might go and see the baby elephant myself. . . you're not referring to some overweight locals now are ya?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
427 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 days Dublin with Kids-Suggestions?

Quite honestly, compared with what is on offer in LA, there is little of interest for almost/young teenagers.

Don't waste your time going to the aquatic center (indoor pool with wave machine and 2 slides).

At a push the National Museum has bog bodies that might interest them.

The Viking splash tour is a bit of fun.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 days Dublin with Kids-Suggestions?

Hopefully you haven't been and gone.

Take a bus or dart out to Howth. (pretty fishing village near the city).See the catch being landed, spot the hungary harbour seals! Walk Howth Head. Visit the Hurdy Gurdy Museum of vintage radio in an old tower overlooking the village. Finish up by having a meal here. Fish and chips great here.

Bull Island nature reserve (close to city) can be reached by bus. very popular with families and locals.

Temple Bar usually shows free outdoor movies on Saturday nights and during the week. Tickets can be picked up at office Meeting House Square but if you get there early there is plenty of room usually for people who don't have tickets. Check out events at www.templebar.ie.

And yes I would also recommend taking a tour of Croke Park. If there are games on you may be able to get a ticket for a game from ticketmaster.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 days Dublin with Kids-Suggestions?

Should have read "office OPPOSITE Meeting House Square"