We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin to Cork

SPAIN
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dublin to Cork

Hi everybody,

My flight arrives in Dublin at 9.30 pm, and I have to travel to Cork. I was thinking of staying for the night in Dublin

- could you recommend a hotel or bed and breakfast not far from the airport?

- which train station should I go to ?

Thanks a million.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin to Cork

Isabel, you won't have any choice but to stay in Dublin, there will not be any trains or buses at the time you are coming in. You go to Heuston station for Cork. Sorry I can't help with the hotel, I don't doubt someone will have a suggestion.

SPAIN
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin to Cork

Thank you very much for your help.

Do you think I can catch a bus to Dublin city centre at that time?

Dublin
Level Contributor
794 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin to Cork

You will have no problem getting one of the many express buses from the airport to the city centre. I would suggest you pick a hotel close to Heuston station so you can catch an early train to Cork. Suggest: Aisling hotel (Best Western), close to Heuston station. Pick up the LUAS tram from the city centre bus terminus, about 5 stops west to the Heuston station stop.

Hope that helps.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin to Cork

Sorry, I meant there wouldn't be trains or buses for Cork at that time, there will be buses around Dublin!

SPAIN
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin to Cork

thank you so much again, I'll do what you say.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin to Cork

If you want to go straight to an airport hotel and then get the bus into Dublin for onward transfer to Cork the next day, the following are hotels with reasonable rates which have free shuttles from the airport and back the next morning for the bus:

Bewleys.

Holiday Inn Express

Tulip

There is also the Travelodge, but that doesn't have a shuttle.

SPAIN
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dublin to Cork

I can't imagine travelling without your precious help.

Thank you so much,Irishrover,

By the way, are you a fan of The Pogues or The Dubliners?

8. Re: Dublin to Cork

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 03:16