We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help: what hotel is near the dublin city centre

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
7 posts
Save Topic
help: what hotel is near the dublin city centre

I am going to Dublin on the 16th November 2007 for 2nights, please can someone tell me what affrdable hotel, bb are in the centre. no more than £70 per night.

Does anyone know how far Louis Fitzgerald Hotel is to Dublin city centre is. Pleae help

N Ireland
Level Contributor
266 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help: what hotel is near the dublin city centre

I hadn’t heard of the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel before, but I see it is very new and the reviews are good. However it is about 6 or 7 miles from the city centre. I see from one of the reviews that there is a tram stop about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

Generally speaking I have a preference for locations south of the river Liffey but unsurprisingly you will find it hard to get anything decent for £70 in any reasonably desirable location in the city centre. I think you might be well advised to increase your ceiling to about £80/£85. Jury’s Inn in Christchurch is probably the best choice in terms of location and it’s reviews are mostly quite good. That would be my first choice.

The Ripley Court Hotel and Wynn’s are both right in the city centre, near O Connell Street (north of the Liffey), and both get generally positive reviews. Jurys Inn on Parnell Street is just north of O’Connell Street but the area is a bit more risky at night-time. Other posters may dispute this, but it does have that reputation and I personally know at least one person who was very violently mugged on Parnell Street late at night. It is also further from Dublin’s nightlife. Avoid it.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
696 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help: what hotel is near the dublin city centre

Hi

The Louis Fitzgerald Hotel is aprox. 11 klm from the city centre

€109 euro inc breakfast seems a good price for a nice looking bedroom

A taxi home Saturday night/ Sunday morning from

Dublin City Centre will cost aprox €30/35 euro

There isn't much left for next week-end in your price bracket,

'in' or close to town and nothing with the room standard of

the Louis Fitzgerald at Newlands Cross

check out www.laterooms.com

and www.goireland.com

When I looked, the Skylon Hotel still had rooms. It's in a residential area (Drumcondra) with a number of local pubs and restaurants, a €10/15 euro taxi ride from the City Centre or you could use the Nitelink €4 EA to get back to your Hotel

Vales

3. Re: help: what hotel is near the dublin city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 01:17