We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carrsmill, need suggestion for gift

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
186 reviews
Save Topic
Carrsmill, need suggestion for gift

We are coming to Ireland again in June and want to bring some gifts. We tour with a great Pub group and want to bring our driver something. He golfs but if you could have something from the states what would you want. He always goes out of his way for us and we can never get him to ask for anything. Thanks so much. I love reading your post, you are so on!!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carrsmill, need suggestion for gift

Hello flpab

I think your driver would be delighted by your thoughtfulness and would appreciate anything that you brought him. I'm not a golfer but I have friends here who are and they all seem to have a great interest in golfing paraphenalia so I think something related to golf (either practical/useful, humorous or historical e.g. some kind of golfing memorabilia) would be a really nice idea.

Many thanks for your kind comments!

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Carrsmill, need suggestion for gift

FLPAB

Good for you! Carrsmill is the Women who can help if she can! (nice to see too Carrsmill that you are getting some more recognition....!)

Can I suggest that you take him a nice sweater with the club emblem (not emerald green...!!) from a nice golf clubhouse shop - but then again I see you are in Florida so perhaps they might laugh at you if you looked for a sweater....

I know when we travel to the US, we always stock up on Callaway gear and footjoy golfshoes which are a fraction of the price here. So even a few golf shirts or tee shirts may go down a treat. He seems like such a gentleman, I'd reckon any gesture at all would be appreciated!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carrsmill, need suggestion for gift

Thank you both. This is his third trip with us and he is such a great guide and driver. I know that we always ask for Irish chocolate, I love it better than German. I think we will look for golf items.

4. Re: Carrsmill, need suggestion for gift

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 18:19