We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minibus / Taxi from Airport to City Centre

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Minibus / Taxi from Airport to City Centre

Good Afternoon all,

Theyres a group of about 13 of us coming to Ireland for a 1 night stop over. We arrive at the airport 11.45am on a Tuesday.

Can anyone give me details of taxi cabs or prefereably a minibus firm to pick us ap from the airport and take is to the town center. The majority of us are staying in the Travellodge on Rathmines.

How much can we expect to pay for a, a taxi or minibus.

Iv checked on the bus service, which costs 10 euros return each - which I thought was a little steep or am I being unrealistic. Surely we can get a taxi/minibus cheaper than this?

Also, does Ireland have the equivelant of Yell.com?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minibus / Taxi from Airport to City Centre

The Irish equivalent of Yell.com is the Golden Pages.

http://www.goldenpages.ie/displayhome.ds;jsessionid=7B32DCB05256B7BD1453D73D941FF9FA

There are usually minibus taxis available on the taxi rank to the right as you exit the terminal at Dublin Airport. The taxi queue is managed by Dublin Airport staff who should be able to arrange some for you. But in my experience these hold a max. of 6-8 people each so you'll obviously need more than one.

Rathmines is not in the city centre. It's about 2 miles out of the centre on the south side of the city (the airport is approximately 6 miles north of the city). A minibus taxi for 6-8 people to Rathmines will cost you in the region of €40 depending on traffic etc. It might be cheaper for you to use the Golden Pages to arrange something privately.

The 747 express bus service goes from outside the terminal in Dublin airport to Dublin city centre and costs €6 one way and €10 return. From O'Connell Street in the city centre you will need to take a local bus for your onward journey to Rathmines. Nos. 14/14a from O'Connell Street or Nos. 15a/15b from Eden Quay (near O'Connell Bridge).

For more information on the 747 and local bus services, go to:

www.dublinbus.ie

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minibus / Taxi from Airport to City Centre

Not knowing Dublin at all, I went with the advice given on Travel Lodges website states 'City Centre, Rathmines'

Feel somewhat duped!

I dont want to be messing about getting taxi in and out of town. Can you recommend a city centre hotel of similar standing to Travel Lodge, cost being an issue; it cost £55 per room for the Travel Lodge.

Many thanks

Roots

dublin city center
Level Contributor
265 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Minibus / Taxi from Airport to City Centre

hi roots,rathmines is about 20 mins walk from grafton street,its not badly located,if there are 13 of you a 8seater,and a six seater taxi to rathmines will cost around 35-40 euro per taxi each way,approx,total 160 euro,the bus 2 busses,one into city center,another to rathmines 6 euro with a rambler ticket from dublin bus,you can buy these tickets in a pack of 5 for only 19 euro,these tickets are valid for 1 day on all dublin bus routes,a minibus would charge about 160 euro return to the airport,meet you at airport and bring you back,if you require numbers please pm me,if i can help i will,the price for the travel lodge is a good one,hard to beat,so you have to weigh up the pros/cons,its easy to get to rathmines from temploe bar/about 12 euro in a taxi,the larger taxis a little more...hope this helps...cheers

dublin city center
Level Contributor
265 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Minibus / Taxi from Airport to City Centre

hi,regarding the hotel,i know the northstar hotel,in city center has a deal on at the moment,now i must stress there is a little construction going on 80euro per room,95euro for a triple,its being upgraded to a 4 star,well located ,walking distance from temple bar,you have to book directly with hotel, 9am-5pm(linda) to get this deal,thats the best i could find,or maybe jurys hotel 99 euro per room,24 hrs(mary)hope this helps...cheers

5. Re: Minibus / Taxi from Airport to City Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 23:22