We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me locate a nice, cheap hotel/B&B in Dublin.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help me locate a nice, cheap hotel/B&B in Dublin.

Hi everyone -

For the past several days I have been checking every website I can think of to find a nice hotel that doesn't cost too much. My friend and I were hoping to find a hotel or B&B within 10 - 15 minutes walking distance to places like Temple Bar, Dublin Castle or near one of the DART lines. Everything I have found is near $100 per person per night. We will be going around the middle of November for 3 nights. Can anyone offer any suggestions that would be under $100 per person/per night? The hotel I've found that we both like is Harding Hotel.

Thanks

LAH

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
121 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me locate a nice, cheap hotel/B&B in Dublin.

When you say 3 days in mid November, do you mean weekdays or weekends. availability and prices are often better at weekends in Dublin (Corporate occupancy can be very high mid-week)

I've done a very quick search for November and my company can beat that price ..but I'm not on here to advertise so check out Jury's Inn in Christchurch, thay have a room rate of €95 which is approx $150 (or $75 per person)

www.jurysinns.com/book/reservations.php…

It is about 5 minute walk from Temple Bar

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me locate a nice, cheap hotel/B&B in Dublin.

Thanks for your reply SeamusWhite

I have checked Jurys Inn ChristChurch but it was 160 euro per night for a double/twin room per their website.

We will be in Dublin November 13 - 16.

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me locate a nice, cheap hotel/B&B in Dublin.

Hi LAH,

I usually stay in Trinity Capital hotel, on Pearse St beside Trinity College. It's always approx 110-130 Euro per room. I love it, it's exactly like it's photos and within walking distance of all your places of interest. B

Portland
Level Contributor
213 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me locate a nice, cheap hotel/B&B in Dublin.

Globetrotters was around 75 Euro on the Townhouse side and is right by a DART line.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
121 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me locate a nice, cheap hotel/B&B in Dublin.

I had checked Jury's INN for the 13th and it is still showing €95 but jumps to €160 for the next two nights.

Another option is Bewleys hotel (either Newlands Cross or Leopardstown). They are not within walking distance to the city centre but are a coupel of minutes minute walk from a Luas line.

Leopardstown wiould be my preference and the are quoting €89 per room per night on their website for your dates.

http://www.bewleyshotels.com/

http://www.luas.ie/

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,505 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me locate a nice, cheap hotel/B&B in Dublin.

you may find some nice hotels in dublin, but dublin and cheap are not something you will find...lol...you might consider something on the bus line outside of dublin, such as swords or malahide and find something less expensive but dublin is the most expensive city in ireland....sorry....

7. Re: Help me locate a nice, cheap hotel/B&B in Dublin.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 15:20